Victoria CPL

11 hours ago, Robert said:

If the dinosaur only knew the true, dark history of Victoria United then he would probably recant that statement real quick.

Not to mention the unseemliness of using Victoria United when the two footie factions in Victoria are far from united.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Is that the official launch, or a Lake Side event?

Just asking, since we have not heard from the organisation officially it seems odd that the initiative in announcing the event is yours, not the club's.

If it is official: are we to be expecting a name release, merchandise, clear information on the stadium set up?

And if they will or will not find a way to have an endzone stand and supporter section when the configuration makes it a bit difficult?

Rheo also mentioned it a few posts above ted’s in his summary of the AFTN podcast. Second last sentence.

I thought the same thing, but remembered that York 9 was a similarly low key leak. I might be wrong but wasn’t it similar for Winnipeg or Hamilton as well (for the logo reveal date, not the sanctioning a year ago)?

There really is a wide swath to set up stands on that side, more than what you see on the online maps. 

What are they saying about end-zone stands? That is also tight, and we see the scoreclock is down on the far end. Could they move it, or raise it?

I have been to that stadium on the outside, but the visual details did not stick with me.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What are they saying about end-zone stands? That is also tight, and we see the scoreclock is down on the far end. Could they move it, or raise it?

I have been to that stadium on the outside, but the visual details did not stick with me.

Based on what's been written in the local papers here, sounds like there will be an endzone stand on the west end, but not the east (there's a building there). I imagine the scoreclock will be moved? I think it'd have to be.

Now that the powerpole won't be moved in time for the 2019 season, the plan is to have temporary stands on the north side, west of the pole. To the east of the pole would be a standing room area. 

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/langford-and-new-pro-soccer-team-plan-happy-marriage-1.23322900

On 6/27/2018 at 6:04 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Is that the official launch, or a Lake Side event?

We have been given the heads up that this will the official launch.

It could change but we wanted to "save the date".

EMAIL RECEIVED TODAY AT THE TIME INDICATED.
I'VE JUST ELIMINATED THE RSVP LINK TO AN EVENTBRITE PAGE

On Thursday, July 12, 2018, 2:47:28 p.m. PDT, Rob Friend, Josh Simpson & Dean Shillington from the Vancouver Island CPL Team <lyndsay@kbcapital.ca> wrote:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallery.mailchimp                               
Hello,
It is our pleasure to invite you to an important announcement regarding the future of professional soccer on Vancouver Island.
Please join us at the Roundhouse in Victoria, BC on July 20th for a celebration of soccer in true Island manner, including the announcement of our new CPL Club team name, logo and colours.
All Vancouverites, Islanders and soccer fans are welcome. Please bring your family and friends and share this message with anyone you know who would want to be a part of this special moment.

There will be interactive activities for the whole family, amazing entertainers and delicious food and beverages for purchase.
Come out in your favorite soccer team attire.
Doors open at 2:30pm with the big club name and logo/club 
reveal beginnings at 3:30pm.
A moment you won't want to miss!

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallery.mailchimp                               

Copyright © *2018 *Canadian Premier League*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
1111 West Hastings, Suite 388 | Vancouver, BC | V6E 2J3

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This email was sent to -------------------
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 
SixFive Sports · 1111 West Hastings · Suite 388 · Vancouver, BC British Columbia V6E 2J3 · Canada 

NB: According to the recent mailing, they have changed the time, which may impede me, and perhaps others, to be present at the event. That is too bad, if it were the original 5 PM I could swing it, making the event start at 3.30 could be tougher to make. Still, exciting announcement for Victoria, I hope all the details go very well.

14 hours ago, shorty said:

To other Victoria folks: does the Roundhouse strike you as a weird location? Anyone with some intel they can share?  Even just where on the property they are likely to set up?

It does seem odd to me. There might be some connection to an owner or potential sponsor?

You might be right? But with no hope for train service in the near future it's also kinda funny.

Edit: Interestingly enough I spoke of the railway as a ribbon joining the whole island together to service the coal mines and other industry at the image vision thing.

4 minutes ago, ted said:

You might be right? But with no hope for train service in the near future it's also kinda funny.

Edit: Interestingly enough I spoke of the railway as a ribbon joining the whole island together to service the coal mines and other industry at the image vision thing.

I'm sure this will be the spark we need to revitalize the railway.  The hords of fans coming over the Malahat for the launch event will show politicians that commuter rail is needed

I’m not sure about the decision to operate separately.  How do the highlanders think that’s a good idea if their fan base is going to be pulled away?  A place for young players to go on loan?

Also, how are they satisfied with a season that ends in July?  That’s just crazy.

Archived