Great transfer and super excited for him! It's always a good sign when a player transfers 2 divisons up.

I'll put my tinfoil hat on and speculate this might be a move for the Montreal Impact. If everything goes to plan, he'll be eligible for the secondary MLS transfer window, where I think Bologna might loan him to the Impact for the summer. Montreal are looking for a 2nd / 3rd keeper next to Pantemis.

I personally do not rate Diop much, contrary to the coaching staff. So I'd love to see the homeboys get some game time for their home club.

Love this kind of news!  

2 hours ago, BLennard said:

Montreal are looking for a 2nd / 3rd keeper next to Pantemis.

Montreal actually looking for a #1.  Bush made some progress in 2018, but its been downhill since.  He still makes the same errors and brainfarts match after match.  He's become a liability, teams know they just have to challenge him on air-balls from set pieces and they'll get an easy rebound to tap in. Its quite pathetic at this level.  He remains an excellent reflex keeper, but the rest of his game is just shite.   

On 2/22/2020 at 2:12 PM, toontownman said:

Impressive. Are the other keepers injured?

Sounds like their starter Skorupski had the flu and missed the match. Doesn't sound long term unless it's the Corona Virus. Very impressive that he made the bench in Serie A. 

Definitely worth a listen.  A humble guy who, like many others interviewed recently, is confident in Canada's chances for Olympic and WC qualification.  Have to say I really enjoy Michael Miller's Premier Podcast.  Great guests and good questions.

25 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

If he starts getting some Serie A minutes, how will he rank in GK depth chart for Canada? 

Even sporadic starts for Bologna would make him top 3 for sure. I wouldn’t play him over Borjan or Crepeau yet unless he somehow becomes a starter out of nowhere though. 

9 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Even sporadic starts for Bologna would make him top 3 for sure. I wouldn’t play him over Borjan or Crepeau yet unless he somehow becomes a starter out of nowhere though. 

oh if he became an undisputed starter for his club then he definitely benches Borjan

If He gets some games, Herdman brings him into senior camps and then he decides eh?  Nothing like having the real deal right there, the 3 of them at the gold cup etc.  

1 minute ago, bwilly11 said:

If Breza starts getting some starts in, does he surpass Crepeau? Borjan is at the top of his game and still looks like the #1 atm

He would have to be the starter of his team to pass Crepeau.

Borjan gets underrated here a bit.  He’s a terrific keeper playing Champions League at the top of his game.

Our program has like 4 players of CL quality right now and he’s one of them.

Bologna has 4 keepers on their roster and have dressed 3 in all of their games since the restart. Breza has not dressed for any of the games, he’s still very young and hopefully Bologna will get him a loan opportunity next season to get more experience.

13 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

He would have to be the starter of his team to pass Crepeau.

Borjan gets underrated here a bit.  He’s a terrific keeper playing Champions League at the top of his game.

Our program has like 4 players of CL quality right now and he’s one of them.

Interested to hear who you think the 4th is aside from AD, JD, and MB ...

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

Atiba...

Sure ... knew he was likely #4, but he’s definitely no spring chicken at this point.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolute living legend in Canadian soccer, but I can’t imagine he’s the same player he was even 3-4 years ago.

32 minutes ago, Addona said:

Sure ... knew he was likely #4, but he’s definitely no spring chicken at this point.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolute living legend in Canadian soccer, but I can’t imagine he’s the same player he was even 3-4 years ago.

Except that he is still regularly playing in the CL, so pretty much by definition is a CL-quality player.