Sebastian Breza

Dr.Dre

Great transfer and super excited for him! It's always a good sign when a player transfers 2 divisons up.

I'll put my tinfoil hat on and speculate this might be a move for the Montreal Impact. If everything goes to plan, he'll be eligible for the secondary MLS transfer window, where I think Bologna might loan him to the Impact for the summer. Montreal are looking for a 2nd / 3rd keeper next to Pantemis.

I personally do not rate Diop much, contrary to the coaching staff. So I'd love to see the homeboys get some game time for their home club.

Love this kind of news!  

2 hours ago, BLennard said:

Montreal are looking for a 2nd / 3rd keeper next to Pantemis.

Montreal actually looking for a #1.  Bush made some progress in 2018, but its been downhill since.  He still makes the same errors and brainfarts match after match.  He's become a liability, teams know they just have to challenge him on air-balls from set pieces and they'll get an easy rebound to tap in. Its quite pathetic at this level.  He remains an excellent reflex keeper, but the rest of his game is just shite.   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bwilly11 said:

If Breza starts getting some starts in, does he surpass Crepeau? Borjan is at the top of his game and still looks like the #1 atm

He would have to be the starter of his team to pass Crepeau.

Borjan gets underrated here a bit.  He’s a terrific keeper playing Champions League at the top of his game.

Our program has like 4 players of CL quality right now and he’s one of them.

13 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

He would have to be the starter of his team to pass Crepeau.

Borjan gets underrated here a bit.  He’s a terrific keeper playing Champions League at the top of his game.

Our program has like 4 players of CL quality right now and he’s one of them.

Interested to hear who you think the 4th is aside from AD, JD, and MB ...

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

Atiba...

Sure ... knew he was likely #4, but he’s definitely no spring chicken at this point.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolute living legend in Canadian soccer, but I can’t imagine he’s the same player he was even 3-4 years ago.

32 minutes ago, Addona said:

Sure ... knew he was likely #4, but he’s definitely no spring chicken at this point.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolute living legend in Canadian soccer, but I can’t imagine he’s the same player he was even 3-4 years ago.

Except that he is still regularly playing in the CL, so pretty much by definition is a CL-quality player.  

• 8 months later...
20 minutes ago, narduch said:

Could it be Diop out? Pantemis to start and Breza to back up?

I don’t think that would be a good idea for Montreal. Sure we’d all be happy as Canadians but that’s very risky.

look Pantemis had a very good tournament but he also made 2 terrible mistakes in 4 matches. Is he a regular starter at MLS level? Not yet imo