You are cordially invited to Regina on July 22

Hi all,

I fully realize this is not directly related to this forum, but I wanted to put it where people would see it so it's going in several forums. 

You are all invited to Regina for the Valencia - NY Cosmos international friendly on July 22 at 4pm local time. There will be Voyageurs events set up for pre-game, post-game, and maybe more. Information about those will be made available once details are confirmed. 

I realize international friendlies aren't everyone's cup of tea and also that Regina is not usually a destination of choice for people. But I felt it would be good to extend the invitation formally. I already have confirmation of other Vs attending from Edmonton, Calgary, Lloydminster, Medicine Hat, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg. 

Cheers. Hope to see you there. 

7 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Hi all,

I fully realize this is not directly related to this forum, but I wanted to put it where people would see it so it's going in several forums. 

You are all invited to Regina for the Valencia - NY Cosmos international friendly on July 22 at 4pm local time. There will be Voyageurs events set up for pre-game, post-game, and maybe more. Information about those will be made available once details are confirmed. 

I realize international friendlies aren't everyone's cup of tea and also that Regina is not usually a destination of choice for people. But I felt it would be good to extend the invitation formally. I already have confirmation of other Vs attending from Edmonton, Calgary, Lloydminster, Medicine Hat, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg. 

Cheers. Hope to see you there. 

Are you kidding?  The city that rhymes with fun?  I wish I could go, not only to the game, but to Saskatchewan.  When you're tired of living in a city (Vancouver) where everyone's living on top of each other and the only bit of sky you can see it between condo buildings, Saskatchewan looks like a real breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I hope the game goes well and there's a great turn out.

3 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

Are you kidding?  The city that rhymes with fun?  I wish I could go, not only to the game, but to Saskatchewan.  When you're tired of living in a city (Vancouver) where everyone's living on top of each other and the only bit of sky you can see it between condo buildings, Saskatchewan looks like a real breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I hope the game goes well and there's a great turn out.

I quite appreciate that point of view and agree. Thanks for that. 

15 minutes ago, SuperCanuck said:

You're welcome.  It's one of three provinces, the others being MB and NF that I haven't been yet.  

Well if you're ever doing a cross Canada road trip, let me know. I can point you in the direction of many of the best Sask spots. It's a beautiful province if you get to know it. 

27 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Well if you're ever doing a cross Canada road trip, let me know. I can point you in the direction of many of the best Sask spots. It's a beautiful province if you get to know it. 

There's the Prairie hospitality, eh?  Thank you.  Will do.

Archived