Hamilton CPL Team Name

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, Steelers is no longer as representative of Hamilton as it would have been decades ago. Gage Park and East Hamilton are too specific to smaller areas. So, given the TiCats involvement, I would like it to be Hamilton Tigers SC.

17 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

I don't understand the "it's not relevant anymore" argument. The steel industry is still a massive historic influence on the city. 

I was born in a steel town (Cape Breton) and the steel plant closed years and years ago but it is still very much a part of the island. It is woven into our fabric - it just doesn't become 'irrelevant'.

As a brand new Hamiltonian, I voted Steelers.  I'm not real big on "euro" names, although I like United better than SC, AC, and calling a team "City" just sounds silly. I'm not sure if it's relevant anymore but I get the impression not everyone was happy about the city amalgamation, so I don't know if highlighting that with United would be good or bad.

Contrary to my screen name here, I don't think I'd prefer Tigers. I chose it as my name  because my two favourite teams are the Tiger-Cats, and Leicester Tigers (rugby). I'd selfishly like to keep Tigers as either a part of the TC's past, an imaginary future rugby team (tying into that past) or an unlikely NHL team. 

The only downside is the Pittsburgh team, but Hamilton is a steel town too, they don't own it. And steel works quite well with the hammer imagery that Guillermo has posted .

I assume some of the other options were tongue in cheek...

50 minutes ago, Tigers said:

As a brand new Hamiltonian, I voted Steelers.  I'm not real big on "euro" names, although I like United better than SC, AC, and calling a team "City" just sounds silly. I'm not sure if it's relevant anymore but I get the impression not everyone was happy about the city amalgamation, so I don't know if highlighting that with United would be good or bad.

Contrary to my screen name here, I don't think I'd prefer Tigers. I chose it as my name  because my two favourite teams are the Tiger-Cats, and Leicester Tigers (rugby). I'd selfishly like to keep Tigers as either a part of the TC's past, an imaginary future rugby team (tying into that past) or an unlikely NHL team. 

The only downside is the Pittsburgh team, but Hamilton is a steel town too, they don't own it. And steel works quite well with the hammer imagery that Guillermo has posted .

I assume some of the other options were tongue in cheek...

The amalgamation definitely isn't seen in the best light. It's not a really dark or rough sore spot so much as something people sort of just used to quietly grumble about. 

its just not a real feature or thing people consider. Toronto amalgamated too. Other cities do it all the time. It's not really a thing. 

1 hour ago, lazlo_80 said:

The amalgamation definitely isn't seen in the best light. It's not a really dark or rough sore spot so much as something people sort of just used to quietly grumble about. 

its just not a real feature or thing people consider. Toronto amalgamated too. Other cities do it all the time. It's not really a thing. 

Good to know.  United is a close second for me after Steelers. Wouldn't be upset at all.

I think a gold home shirt would be good, since the Cats use black home and currently white away. That way the gold can be distinctive as the primary. Maybe black alternate? 

Ooh, should we use a golden horseshoe as a secondary logo?

I like Hamilton SC myself, as I like the idea of a nickname growing organically from the fan base rather than being imposed by owners. 

As an aside, I am very disappointed in the people voting to definitely not have AC Hamilton as the name. Not because I actually think it should be, but because it was my (admittedly joking) idea and my pride is extremely fragile. For shame. ;)

1 hour ago, Xavier said:

I had Hamilton Club in mind when I created this design.

thoughts?

RuENMRz.png

It's very good. I think it's safe to assume we'll see something very similar to a Borussia Dortmund style for the primary kit.

Archived