Lofty

Valour FC - Launch / 2019 Pre-Season

48 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

So like I said it's a very reasonable signing compared to what has preceded it. Glad we've got that settled.

Just letting you know that you had probably heard of the club before.. 

Just don’t look at their attendance.

26 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

How else will we assess this signing?

A little too literal. I think @Keegan just meant "their attendance numbers are quite low".

Aggregate standings of his seasons in top tier of Uruguay is 16 of 16 in 2015-2016, 13 of 16 in 2017 and 14 of 15 in 2018 and was a backup towards the end and before that he was in the second tier..so maybe his level is closer to the second tier but should still be a good signing

11 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

A little too literal. I think @Keegan just meant "their attendance numbers are quite low".

They are not one of the usual suspects like Danubio and Defensor that fill out the rest of the top division in Uruguay after Penarol and Nacional, so it would be surprising if they have much of a following. Judging by what's on Spanish language wikipedia Boston River only started playing as an amateur team in 1999 after many years of inactivity:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fes.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FClub_Atl%C3%A9tico_Boston_River

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

11 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

They are not one of the usual suspects like Danubio and Defensor that fill out the rest of the top division in Uruguay after Penarol and Nacional, so it would be surprising if they have much of a following. Judging by what's on Spanish language wikipedia Boston River only started playing as an amateur team in 1999 after many years of inactivity:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fes.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FClub_Atl%C3%A9tico_Boston_River

Funny enough, rumoured Valour signing Nicolas Galvis actually spent some time at Defensor. Trialled there when he was 16 and they were interested in bringing him back once they could sign him to a pro contract. It seems he chose the NCAA route instead, before eventually ending up in Uruguay again.

Valour FC today announce the club has signed Canadian midfielder Nicolás Galvis and Colombian midfielder Néstor Navia to multi-year contracts.

Both players spent the 2018 season in Colombia: Galvis with Deportivo Pereira (Categoria Primera B and Navia with Deportivo Pasto (Categoria Primera A).

Edited by Ansem

Valour summary thus far. Position (based on what I could glean), Name, Age, (Nationality if not Canadian), Transfermarkt Value in Euros.

I know that transfermarkt value is an extremely crude measure but it was the best I could think of and get easily.

Please feel free to correct errors but any typical Voyageur criticism of my method will be met with uncharacteristic vitriol. Just post your own stuff, don't criticize mine. You have been warned.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO STOP A SINGLE LINEFEED FROM DOUBLE SPACING? IT IS BLOODY ANNOYING.

Keeper:

GK - Tyson Farago 27 €150k

GK - Mathias Janssens 20 (BEL) €0

Defence:

CB - Skylar Thomas 25 €175k

CB? - Jordan Murrell 25 €175k

RB - Raphael Garcia 19 €0

LB - Martin Arguinarena 27 (URG) €250k

Midfield:

AM - Dylan Sacramento 23 €0

LW(RW) - Glenn Muenkat 20 €0

M - Raphael Ohin 23 €0

AM - Dylan Carreiro 24 €50k

AM? - Josip Golubar 34 (CRO) €200k

AM? - Nicolas Galvis 21 €0

M - Nestor Navia 21 (COL) €0

Forward:

CF - Stephen Hoyle 26 (ENG) €300k

F - Tyler Attardo 17 €0

With 20 players I'm going to assume 2 keepers, 7 defenders (3 FB, 4 CB), 7 midfield, 4 forwards. Possibly one more keeper for 21 players. Should include some versatile players who can plug gaps when they arise. I know the CPL squad can be 20-23 players but the more players you have the more thinly you spread your budget and the lower your average quality. So I'm assuming 20 or 21 players.

Likely still need: Keepers: maybe one more; Defenders: a strong RB, a CB, and a left footed versatile FB/CB; Forwards: two more.

Keepers/Defence: I'm really liking the look of it. Rob has obviously not scrimped here, which is crucial if we hope to win. And Thomas/Murrell have played together for years! Bonus!

Midfield: I'm a little concerned by the apparent lack of defensive and ball winning mids. And we seem to already have our full complement. Maybe that is just because I don't know enough about the signed players though. 

Forwards: Good blend of experience and youth so far. A bit more experience needed.

49 minutes ago, masster said:

Shift + Enter

Doesn't seem to work on my phone. Sigh.

18 hours ago, Ansem said:

Hoyle

Muenkat               Golubar     Sacramento 

Carreiro             Navia 

Arguinarena  Murrell   Thomas      Garcia

Farago

Dylan Carreiro was interviewed on TSN 1290 Radio yesterday during the Don Vito Round table. It was about 12 minutes, mostly fluff with no new info but thought it was good that Valour was getting airtime. 

25 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Dylan Carreiro was interviewed on TSN 1290 Radio yesterday during the Don Vito Round table. It was about 12 minutes, mostly fluff with no new info but thought it was good that Valour was getting airtime. 

johnyb, what section are your season tickets  ?

Alright, that is enough attacking midfielders!

By my reckoning we still need about 3 more defenders and a couple more strikers. And no more midfielders!

Edited by dsqpr

9 minutes ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

I'm 105, row 24.

I think Cheeta is somewhere in 104................?

It would be nice if everyone posted their seats.

Had a hard time deciding between Field level or Higher up for a better view. In the end it was hard to pass up Front Row. Mine for life if I choose!

35 minutes ago, Zem said:

So is that six Manitobans playing for Valour now? Musse, Farago, Sacramento, Ohin, Carreiro and Attardo; a really nice local contingent and Moses Danto could make for seven

I'd have been happy with 2 or 3 good ones. I like the local representation idea but I want the team to be good!