Jacob Shaffelburg

Big_M

4 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Good for him! That goal better earn him a start next game... Does not deserve to play behind Endoh or DeLeon who offer absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately that's the other wing.  He seems to be a strictly left sided player which means he's behind Soteldo, which is tough.  Not sure Armas will play him on his off wing.

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Unfortunately that's the other wing.  He seems to be a strictly left sided player which means he's behind Soteldo, which is tough.  Not sure Armas will play him on his off wing.

Good point...I was hoping Soteldo would be comfortable enough on the right (as a right footer) as I had read that he could play either side but preferred the left.

4 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Good point...I was hoping Soteldo would be comfortable enough on the right (as a right footer) as I had read that he could play either side but preferred the left.

I didn't know he played on the right.  That would be interesting.

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

If he works on his end product he’s a starter. If he can work on beating a man 1v1 with skill, he’ll be a very good MLS player

better adapt to a different role than left wing then, since it's unlikely he ever starts over Soteldo (unless they eventually move Soteldo towards the centre)

Just now, TGAA_Star said:

I wouldn't mind him getting a look for Gold Cup but will he make the final 23 man squad? Probably not but he is worth looking at nonetheless

It hasn’t been said, but I’m pretty sure the squad sizes have been increased. That notion makes sense because why would they increase the preliminary squad to 60 iirc. 

With that, and his continued form....I think we’ll see him there. 

2 hours ago, Shway said:

It hasn’t been said, but I’m pretty sure the squad sizes have been increased. That notion makes sense because why would they increase the preliminary squad to 60 iirc. 

With that, and his continued form....I think we’ll see him there. 

I sure hope he continues with this form because with TFC, he's in the perfect system

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 5:25 PM, toontownman said:

Great finish that will give him confidence. If he is to make it past an impact sub role he needs to add clinical passing and finishing to his game.

We all love a redemption story so hope he continues to improve and work on his weaknesses. 

He scored a great goal yesterday. The timing of the run, the first touch, composure, getting around the keeper, it was sublime.

Edited by Macksam