Big_M

Jacob Shaffelburg

21 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Shaffelburg has the look of a young Marcel de Jong.  

It's the blonde hair...am I right?

Seriously though, I do see the similarity in their play, but even at that age when de Jong had more pace, he still wasn't as fast as Shaffelburg is, I don't think.

Iike a young de Jong though, Shaffelburg has a propensity for taking players on and serving up some nice crosses!

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

It's the blonde hair...am I right?

Seriously though, I do see the similarity in their play, but even at that age when de Jong had more pace, he still wasn't as fast as Shaffelburg is, I don't think.

Iike a young de Jong though, Shaffelburg has a propensity for taking players on and serving up some nice crosses!

He has a stockier type of build similar to De Jong and he demonstrated a good left peg with service.  He'll need a string of starts to prove that he has that special pace needed to beat a defender in a set posture 1 v 1.   He might eventually find a good niche at LB, like De Jong.

7 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

He has a stockier type of build similar to De Jong and he demonstrated a good left peg with service.  He'll need a string of starts to prove that he has that special pace needed to beat a defender in a set posture 1 v 1.   He might eventually find a good niche at LB, like De Jong.

Hmm...if anything it looks like he needs to beef up a little bit. 

I can also see him developing into a good left back!