Jacob Shaffelburg

Big_M

41 minutes ago, Bdog said:

His pace and improved crossing this season is making him look dangerous every time he's out there. If he doesn't mysteriously vanish to the bench again, he could eventually become an interesting option for us. It's hard to break into the NT as a winger right now though.

Well it depends, how long is Endoh out for?  😬

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Depending on how many of our forwards our injured I could see it happening this upcoming window - he has good chemistry with Laryea & Osorio which is a plus he will have over someone like Pasher. Hopefully though Larin & Cavallini will be good to go.

He certainly has stepped up for TFC in the last while, it seems Perez has real confidence in him and it is showing in his game as evident by his stellar performance last night. He certainly has something to offer to the national side and in the right situation could play a part. Have high hopes for this kid. 

6 hours ago, Cblake said:

He certainly has stepped up for TFC in the last while, it seems Perez has real confidence in him and it is showing in his game as evident by his stellar performance last night. He certainly has something to offer to the national side and in the right situation could play a part. Have high hopes for this kid. 

Perez has been too slow to play the kids, it’s fine to trust Shaffelburg now but it took an injury to Endoh to give him the opportunity in the first place.

Jacob did indeed make team of the week for what it’s worth 

9 hours ago, Dinozotti said:

How long till you think Jacob has the chance to be called up? He’s been playing exceptionally well

He’s playing at such a tough spot to get minutes for the NT at.  He’s mostly a winger and he has to contend with Davies, Buchanan, Hoilett, Laryea sometimes and Millar.  It’s just so hard to get a call up for Canada in the wing spots.

I don't know many caps he will get, but it's fun to watch him become a more polished player. Never thought I'd see a right footed finish from him.

I am impressed with his ability to pick out the right type of cross. The first assist, he knew the only way to score was at the back post, and he knew he had to slam it across the 6 yard box. Then for the second goal, he knew he had to clip it over the defender but on the ground when it reached Achara. He also almost had a third assist where he adjusted to a bad pass from Osorio and delivered a clipped ball to the back post. In each instance, only the type of cross he picked could produce a goal scoring chance.

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

I don't know many caps he will get, but it's fun to watch him become a more polished player. Never thought I'd see a right footed finish from him.

I am impressed with his ability to pick out the right type of cross. The first assist, he knew the only way to score was at the back post, and he knew he had to slam it across the 6 yard box. Then for the second goal, he knew he had to clip it over the defender but on the ground when it reached Achara. He also almost had a third assist where he adjusted to a bad pass from Osorio and delivered a clipped ball to the back post. In each instance, only the type of cross he picked could produce a goal scoring chance.

That is something I noticed too.  I think he used to use more of a “hit and hope” approach as he was so focused on creating the space on the wing that he didn’t have as much time to focus on the final product.  Lately, and especially last night, he looked much more intentional about those final balls into the box.  And the results were obvious.