Jump to content
Grizzly

Derek Cornelius

Recommended Posts

I think we’re far too forgiving towards the players. Cornelius should be able to beat out these schmucks. They’re not very good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Big_M said:

no surprise unfortunately he was a weak point when he played..and this is without godoy rose bikel...

I know your MO is to be critical of Canadian players (not sure of your motivation, reality check for all us pro-Canadian fans on a Canadian supporters site?) but can you honestly say that Cornelius has looked worse than Khmiri? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ivan said:

I know your MO is to be critical of Canadian players (not sure of your motivation, reality check for all us pro-Canadian fans on a Canadian supporters site?) but can you honestly say that Cornelius has looked worse than Khmiri? 

This is where I am at right now. Cornelius perhaps a little short on confidence, being out of the starting line up and all. At the same time, it seems like Khmiri keeps getting chances when they are perhaps undeserved. If that is because they want to give their new signing a chance to succeed, I get it.

Regardless, I hope the bolded part of Ivan's statement is something we can all agree on. 

Side note: The Serbian kid is pretty good. Shows a lot of composure when put under pressure. Came up with some good defensive plays. There is a lot to like. 

Edited by Obinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

A real head scratcher that he hasn't been in the starting 11 from the beginning, based on what we saw today.

Khmiri had that one good game where he pocketed Zlatan and then was injured for a year. I guess MDS figured he'd play that well again.

Edited by Nate3322

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just realizing that he's wearing a hair piece. Thats why he's wearing that headband lol. It's holding it down.
22 and balding, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Edited by Shway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

with all the attention on Baldisimo and rightfully so, I thought Derek looked really solid yesterday. 

Agree! At times he looks unorthodox or awkward but he is very effective, I liked how he was able to keep some really good players in check, he should only improve!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ansem said:

So after last night's game - now that  we've solve half of our "who starts at CB question"

The questions is who do you pair him with?

I'd personally go with Kennedy if he gets regular minutes for Regensburg. If not we can go with Vitoria or Henry or maybe Jakovic. James and Waterman aren't getting play time, Dunn isn't ready for the full NT yet and Zator or other CPL defenders need to play at a higher level.

 

Edit: I change my mind I'd go with Vitoria. looks like he's been made captain of Moreirense and both Iago Santos and Halliche have left so Vitoria will get more playtime. Probably our best pk taker too.

Edited by Nate3322

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ansem said:

So after last night's game - now that  we've solve half of our "who starts at CB question"

The questions is who do you pair him with?

Maybe controversial, but I would still go with Vitoria, because he should be our PK taker. Don't think anyone else has proven themselves to warrant using a sub just go get Vitoria on. Kennedy shouldn't be more than a sub until he cracks the 18 at Jahn Regensburg. He hasn't appeared in a game outside the 2nd Austrian tier.

Edited by PiedPilko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Maybe controversial, but I would still go with Vitoria, because he should be our PK taker. Don't think anyone else has proven themselves to warrant using a sub just go get Vitoria on.

I agree, this was a great duo against the US. As a matter of fact, Vitoria was atrocious with Henry on the second game but played much better once Cornelius got in.

My hope is that we get Ricardo Ferreira at some point to hopefully match them together

I don't trust Henry in games against stronger foes, he needs consistent performances with weaker countries before earning that trust for me

James, Miller, Waterman aren't playing enough minutes

Jakovic ain't it.

I would start introducing Zator against weak countries to see how he does, same for Didic

Dunn should be with the Olympics team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ansem said:

I agree, this was a great duo against the US. As a matter of fact, Vitoria was atrocious with Henry on the second game but played much better once Cornelius got in.

My hope is that we get Ricardo Ferreira at some point to hopefully match them together

I don't trust Henry in games against stronger foes, he needs consistent performances with weaker countries before earning that trust for me

James, Miller, Waterman aren't playing enough minutes

Jakovic ain't it.

I would start introducing Zator against weak countries to see how he does, same for Didic

Dunn should be with the Olympics team

Dunn looked better than zator, didic so I would put him with the senior team. I dont think the Olympics will even happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...