Grizzly

Derek Cornelius

What a well taken goal! He played strong defensively when he came on for the 2nd half, he may be getting more playing time if Henry's left hamstring injury keeps him out for any length of time!

Posted (edited)

Love the emotion after the goal at 35 secs ^.

Glad to hear he did well defending also. Looks like he might be in for a run of games replacing Henry. At only 21 very nice ceiling. 

Wishing him the best.

Edited by apbsmith

Former striker shows his class. He's been pinned to the bench since the first few matches so hopefully he's earned some additional game time.

6 hours ago, BCM said:

Former striker shows his class. He's been pinned to the bench since the first few matches so hopefully he's earned some additional game time.

I think the fact he has not had much playing time lately has more to do with the great play of Henry and Godoy than it does about Cornelius' play. Yes, he made some early season errors, but the fact that he was even put in those situations to play out of position shows that MDS had confidence in him.

With another match coming quickly on Wednesday night, I expect Cornelius to get the start, and if Henry's injury lingers, this may lead to a run of playing time. Khmiri is expected to be back from injury soon, so Cornelius will have to prove his worth to keep his place.

I had no idea he was so young, really that is very young for a CB, so pleased to see the goal and the playing time.

Also happy to see Caps being very stingy on defence these last 6-7 games, and to see many negative results have been due to mediocre to poor reffing decisions. So good for MDS as well.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I had no idea he was so young, really that is very young for a CB, so pleased to see the goal and the playing time.

Also happy to see Caps being very stingy on defence these last 6-7 games, and to see many negative results have been due to mediocre to poor reffing decisions. So good for MDS as well.

...not to mention that he switched to defence from forward about 3-4 years ago. It's a phenomenal rise, really.