Derek Cornelius

Grizzly

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

In a way, Yao (CPL) to Vancouver (MLS) is like Zator (CPL) to Korona Kielce (Poland div 1). It's a step up, whereas Petrasso to Orlando and Henry to Minnesota are (more or less) lateral moves. 

Technically Yao went from montreal to vancouver. He just was a loaned out player to CPL. His contract is a lateral move but his on field playing is a step up. 

On 12/9/2022 at 9:03 AM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

HIs salary with the Whitecaps is $127,00.00 would  he make a lot more in Sweden?

Perhaps he may. MLS have a few designated players on huge salaries that skew the average up.

Is there that kind of salary disparity in Sweden? I suspect not but I honestly don't know.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Perhaps he may. MLS have a few designated players on huge salaries that skew the average up.

Is there that kind of salary disparity in Sweden? I suspect not but I honestly don't know.

My brother has lived in Lund, about 20 km north of Malmo, for almost 25 years. It's a lovely part of the world to live. Malmo is, for the most part, a nice, laid-back city. Copenhagen is just across the Oresund Bridge if he's keen on a night out with the boys, or to take his girl out to a nice restaurant. There are a lot of charming little villages scattered across the Skane region, if he fancies a drive to unwind.

I'm sure that DC will enjoy it, regardless of how the football goes.

3 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

That's a nice set of highlights and really showcases DC's range and his ability to hit that long diag with his left foot.  Not sure if he's eliminated the occasional brain farts he used to make, but if he has, he really has the makings of solid CB.  Now if only we could get a couple who can use their right foot... 

Stadion, currently known as Eleda Stadion for sponsorship reasons, is a football stadium in Malmö, Sweden and the home of Allsvenskan club Malmö Fotbollförening, commonly known as Malmö FF

The stadium is the third largest used by a Swedish football club, behind AIK's Friends Arena and Djurgårdens IF's and Hammarby IF's Tele2 Arena, both located in Stockholm.

In league matches, the stadium has a capacity of 22,500, of which 18,000 are seated, and 4,500 are standing. In European matches, the 4,500 standing places are converted to 3,000 seats, making the stadium a 21,000-capacity all-seater. Stadion opened in April 2009, and replaced Malmö Stadion, where Malmö FF had been based since 1958. The new ground was originally budgeted to cost 398 million kronor, but ultimately cost 695 million kronor (€79.7)

rQ2zG7p.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...