Jump to content

Jordan Webb


Toje
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Officially returning to Canada as he has signed to play with Atletico Ottawa.  He has recently turned 33, but it will be interesting to see how he does in the CPL.  He had a fairly good career in Singapore.

Interesting, especially for those of us who have followed him for ten years, and then only been able to speculate on how well his skills would translate to a domestic environment. Wish him luck, though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I texted him to congratulated him on the move from when the leak happened to see if it was true lol, in which he obviously confirmed it.

I think it will be very interesting to see him play this season, he's very quick and jinky. I'm happy he gets to finish his career in Ontario - where it all began. I told him not too many guys have an Ontario Cup, Nationals, and Can PL championship on their CV (I think Bekker is the only guy).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Shway said:

I texted him to congratulated him on the move from when the leak happened to see if it was true lol, in which he obviously confirmed it.

I think it will be very interesting to see him play this season, he's very quick and jinky. I'm happy he gets to finish his career in Ontario - where it all began. I told him not too many guys have an Ontario Cup, Nationals, and Can PL championship on their CV (I think Bekker is the only guy).

That East York team in 2006 was a very good squad.  At u18 though, a lot of good players that age were playing U21 already and other players missed out on the later rounds of Ontario Cup as they were freshmen going down to the US on scholarship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Shway said:

I texted him to congratulated him on the move from when the leak happened to see if it was true lol, in which he obviously confirmed it.

I think it will be very interesting to see him play this season, he's very quick and jinky. I'm happy he gets to finish his career in Ontario - where it all began. I told him not too many guys have an Ontario Cup, Nationals, and Can PL championship on their CV (I think Bekker is the only guy).

nationals? did bekker won challenge trophy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 12:20 PM, narduch said:

Sounds like he may not be good enough.

 

Really ? Guys from a lot more inferior leagues than the Singapore league are playing in the CPL and your telling  me this Webb guy can’t play , highly doubt it , if that was the case he would have been released and he has not been released. Looks like a family issue from what we know so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Really ? Guys from a lot more inferior leagues than the Singapore league are playing in the CPL and your telling  me this Webb guy can’t play , highly doubt it , if that was the case he would have been released and he has not been released. Looks like a family issue from what we know so far.

Sure. I posted that before Platt clarified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Really ? Guys from a lot more inferior leagues than the Singapore league are playing in the CPL and your telling  me this Webb guy can’t play , highly doubt it , if that was the case he would have been released and he has not been released. Looks like a family issue from what we know so far.

I don’t think that was an illogical guess. A guy in his thirties from the S league? That’s not exactly a high level

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Real Marc said:

I don’t think that was an illogical guess. A guy in his thirties from the S league? That’s not exactly a high level

There’s been plenty of guys who haven’t played or have played at adequate levels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...