-----------Arfield-------Johnson-------------

Edwards-------------------------------Aird

------Attakora---Jakovic-----James-----

--------------------Borjan--------------------

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

I predict many will select a newly capped Canadian to this roster following transfer news to be announced next week! Stay tune : )

did you just say Arfield is transfering to the Whitecaps?

10 minutes ago, sose said:

both of those guys have caps for Canada.

Yes, he said the player was newly capped for Canada and was transferring (which would presumably make people here select him).  I think if Cordova was to transfer to the Chilean 1st division or Corbin-Ong to the B2 many here would select them for their squad in an instant knowing us as a group. 

35 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Yes, he said the player was newly capped for Canada and was transferring (which would presumably make people here select him).  I think if Cordova was to transfer to the Chilean 1st division or Corbin-Ong to the B2 many here would select them for their squad in an instant knowing us as a group. 

Corbin-Ong to B2 would be awesome news, and to be fair, it would probably put him at the highest level of anyone on our backline outside of Vitoria (who never plays anyways) and Henry (who's always injured). IIRC he had interest from Union Berlin last summer.

44 minutes ago, Keegan said:

ahhh ok got it.

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

https://ibb.co/eaj0mQ Milovan Kapor named in the team of the week three times in a row due to his performances in Slovakian first division. He is in a top shape deserve to be in lineup. Plus many starts this season and playing well. Big potential I think 

Yeah it would be interesting to bring him in for a look in June. Don't know much about the Slovakian 1st Div, but we're pretty thin at CB and we're really thin at CB's not pushing thirty.

I didn't know this until I looked it up ..... the Slovakian First Division is surprisingly high in the UEFA coefficient rankings - 19th. And I'm unaware of them having a dominant team or two to artificially inflate it. 

For comparison, Scotland is 30. With Celtic to inflate the coefficient and ranking. 

EDIT: The info I saw was on Wikipedia. I just checked the UEFA site and it's different. Scotland around 20ish, Slovakia around 30ish. 

6 hours ago, One American said:

I didn't know this until I looked it up ..... the Slovakian First Division is surprisingly high in the UEFA coefficient rankings - 19th. And I'm unaware of them having a dominant team or two to artificially inflate it. 

For comparison, Scotland is 30. With Celtic to inflate the coefficient and ranking. 

EDIT: The info I saw was on Wikipedia. I just checked the UEFA site and it's different. Scotland around 20ish, Slovakia around 30ish. 

However, it may be relevant that Slovakia is above Hungary. James is a sometimes starter in Hungary and is an automatic callup. If Kapor is playing well at a similar level then he must at least warrant a shot against Curaçao.

--------------Hoilett------Larin---------------

---Edwards-----Arfield-----Ledgerwood---

------------------Hutchinson-----------------

--De Jong---Attakora---Jakovic---James--

--------------------Borjan--------------------

I like this squad and formation: plays to our speed, skill and gives us experience through the middle. RM and LM that have defensive abilities as well. For Larin to have a partner would be great too. How many times does he get onto a ball that ends up getting away from him? Junior can be so elusive with his speed and craftiness around the 18 yard box - he would make a great strike partner.

11 hours ago, One American said:

Wikipedia wasn't the problem. You were looking at the coefficient for international teams

21 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I'm a little confused, is Edwards a right back at TFC ? From what I understand he's doing well, I just don't know which position.

He has predominantly played as LWB/LM I'd say about 95 percent. He's been used at RWB but has not been as effective although he has had one assist from the right

Larin     Akindele

Hoilett                                              Aird

Arfield        Hutchinson               

Corbin-Ong   James  Jakovic    Johnson

Borjan

Bench:  Ricketts Jackson-Hamel

Archived