Duane Rollins Fantasy League

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXPAT FC plays on a floating barge with a plastic pitch in the middle of the San Francisco bay.

The owner made the tough decision to go with this set up due to the ludicrous cost of real estate in the bay area. The team hopes to regain it's initial investment by using the barge as a ferry to Alcatraz island on non-game days and as a means to bootleg Canadian beer into the US in the offseason.

3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Association Soccer Sherbrooke Estrie aka "Les Verts"  200,000 people in the metro area. Including 40,000 University students. Now, if we can get a deal to play at Université de Sherbrooke to start, that would be great. If not Sylvie-Daigle.

Sure you don't want to drop the "Estrie"? You could have a heck of an acronym.

I am definitely wanting to get into this.

I am submitting the intent for Trail & Castlegar FC for entering the Duane Rollins Fantasy League. In a previous fantasy league two rival clubs, Castlegar Hamlet FC and Lokomotiv Trail FC, were owned and operated by two close friends in the Premier League. The derby in the Kootenay region was top drawer each time these two clubs faced one another. With only 30 km between the two club's grounds, traveling support occurred frequently not just from Castlegar and Trail but from surrounding villages. Castlegar Hamlet FC was sold to a foreign investor who used the club more as a tax haven than an actual football club. Hamlet slowly fell from grace being relegated to Division 1. Within three years of new ownership, the Castlegar Hamlet fell into receivership and the foreign owner left the club in the ashes. The original club owner came back to pick up the pieces but financially not able to bring it back to its glory. To renew the love for football in the region, the two best friends got back together over a few pints in Trail to talk about merging the two clubs together.Over a few pints of craft beer, Trail & Castlegar FC was formed.     

Club name: Trail & Castlegar FC
Club colors: Home - Orange and black; Away - blue and gold (in honour of Castlegar Hamlet FC)
Nickname: Rivermen
Ground: Pople Park - Trail, BC
Town population: 7,268

Trail & Castlegar FC squad  - added 14 April 2017

1 Brandon Watson (CAN) GK
2 Callum Montgomery (CAN) DF
3 Owen Pearce (CAN)   DF
4 Stuart Heath (NIR)   DF
5 Sho Goto (JPN)   DF
7 Sean Prizeman (IRE)   CM
8 Eva Batousol (ENG)   AM
9 Justin Donaldson (CAN) MF
10 Niklas Süle (GER)   DF
11 Blair Sturrock (SCO)   MF
12 Alphonso Davies (CAN) MF
13 Tyler Hughes (CAN) captain DF
15 Ashley Burbeary (ENG) MF/ST
16 Brett Levis (CAN)   LW
17 Jordie Hughes (CAN) CF
18 Mijat Gaćinović (SRB) MF
19 Ryan McCurdy (NIR)   RW
29 Elliot Mitrou (CAN)   GK

Badge and kits to follow. 

Hailing from the bustling metropolis of Aylesbury, Saskatchewan (pop. 42) I bring you the English wannabe wanks, Aylesbury Town FC.

The real team I'll enter in this league is one Guillermo has already designed, Saskatoon Athletic FC.

Club name: Saskatoon Athletic FC

Club colours: green, white, and Saskatoon berry blue (this last colour used sparringly, probably not at all on the home kit)

We'll let the supporters organically discover a club nickname.

Ground: Hugh Cairns Memorial Stadium

On 2017-04-11 at 0:15 AM, Gopherbashi said:

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, REPLY BELOW WITH YOUR DESIRED CITY AND TEAM NAME by THIS SATURDAY (APRIL 15) AT 5 PM ET (that's 6 PM for anyone already lighting flares in downtown Halifax, either 3 or 4 PM for Rob, and 2 PM for anyone out west).  Further details (tactics, etc.) can be decided at a later date (ie. once I write the program).

Hobema Hosers!!!!!! That's my boys! Team colors are black and blue because that is how they will leave you.

Duane Rollins gets to be commish of the league :)

BOOM! Sources seconds ago confirm to me that wealthy ownership in St. John's have expressed an interest in relocating DRFL club Red Star Red Deer to the hallowed grounds of King George V Park!

When asked about the pursuit, prospective owner Danny Williams stated "Lord tunderin Jesus! This league, the DRFL, it is truly pathetic, as it is not coast to coast to coast."

This is a huge step! Stay tuned to this space for more! 

Right let's have some fun.

Club Name: Racing Club de Espanola
Club Nickname: Le Roi de la Rivière
Club Colours: Green, Blue, and Old Gold (oddly enough)
Ground: The Riviera Sports Pavilion (which is definitely a real place and not something I just made up)
Town Population: 4996  

An aside: What a terrible town logo Espanola happens to have.

ca-on)esp.jpg

I'm in.  

Summerside Argus FC

I like the look of the green and blue of the Hartford Whalers.  Maybe a yellow trip for the 'sunny side of the island'

Games can be played at the old air force base or at a converted baseball field.  Nah, make it easy ... Eric Johnston Field https://www.google.com/maps/place/Summerside,+PE,+Canada/@46.4018405,-63.801389,3a,30y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skb3SmTEZfYNAoFAo6Td9DQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x4b5f9ca197ae2afb:0xd6353982fd038602!8m2!3d46.3933777!4d-63.7902331!6m1!1e1

I'm doing some bug-testing on my program and found a sneaky little time-wasting sequence here by Hamilton to win the match.

89:15 - HAM (0.543299 v 0.929101) SHOT ON TARGET (0.003626 v 0.625343) ON NET (0.309264 v 0.76) GOAL (0.319668 v 0.449307) HAM 1 HFX 0

90:40+ - HFX KICKOFF: 15 yard defensive pass SUCCESSFUL (42 yards ahead of own goal line, 7 yards off-centre far side) 42.106739 7.430852
90:45+ - HFX (0.209954 v 0.65) 7 yard run FOULED (5.845244e-4 v 0.02 + 0.18) (49 yards ahead of own goal line, 8 yards off-centre far side) 49.172547 7.558277

91:50+ - HFX FREE KICK: 4 yard pass SUCCESSFUL (0.95 vs 0.073016) (47 yards ahead of own goal line, 4 yards off-centre far side) 47.298166 3.575723
END OF FULL TIME

They managed to take 90 second off the clock after their goal, and another minute with their midfield foul right after the restart of play.  I've had the program add a bit more time onto the clock to account for situations like this, but thought it was still pretty cool to see.

Archived