2026 Canadian Roster?

Assuming we are awarded the World Cup and get automatic entry, I initially wondered about players committing to Canada as a result.  Upon reviewing the MOACA and our current MLS rosters, it became apparent that a vast majority of the roster would be players we would most likely be unaware of.  Outside of Davies who will be 25, the only other players who will be in their prime in 2026 are Tabla, Bustos, Reid, and Shome.  There are a number who will be just short of 30 - Tomori, Vaikla, Zambazis, Santino, and Zanatta.  Who will be representing Canada at that tournament?  Will the fence sitters commit?  Will the MLS academies supply the national team? Will the CPL give us the talent needed to compete in the World Cup?

Here are my predictions for that time frame: 

- Various members of this board will continue to be arguing over the validity of the Canadian Premier League at that time.

- Various members of this board will be arguing over some promising dual national that they want to cap tie in place of an older, better player at that time.

- Russell Teibert will have gone through another 6 hair styles.

- Doneil Henry will still be at West Ham, attempting to make a comeback after having titanium knees, hamstrings, and quads implanted in him.

- Tuscan will still have his shirt off, which will both nauseate and arouse me.

- Lenarduzzi and Robinson will still be in be in charge in Vancouver, having lead the club to 9 consecutive 7th place finishes via their tenacious captain Deybi Flores.

- Unnamed Trialist will continue to preach how Barcelona is the greatest club in the world and how we are all idiots for not conforming to the practices they have in place. He will also be mostly biodegraded at this point given that plastic does that sort of thing over time.

15 hours ago, shermanator said:

Here are my predictions for that time frame: 

- Various members of this board will continue to be arguing over the validity of the Canadian Premier League at that time.

- Various members of this board will be arguing over some promising dual national that they want to cap tie in place of an older, better player at that time.

- Russell Teibert will have gone through another 6 hair styles.

- Doneil Henry will still be at West Ham, attempting to make a comeback after having titanium knees, hamstrings, and quads implanted in him.

- Tuscan will still have his shirt off, which will both nauseate and arouse me.

- Lenarduzzi and Robinson will still be in be in charge in Vancouver, having lead the club to 9 consecutive 7th place finishes via their tenacious captain Deybi Flores.

- Unnamed Trialist will continue to preach how Barcelona is the greatest club in the world and how we are all idiots for not conforming to the practices they have in place. He will also be mostly biodegraded at this point given that plastic does that sort of thing over time.

The Impact still won't have a reserve team.

Sorry wasn't worried about specific names, just wondering where people on here think the team will come from.  Hope many of those players I listed are playing on the team that attempts to qualify for Qatar, but the vast majority of players we discuss now won't be around for 2026 if and when we get entry.  Who will supply the talent for the 2026 team? 

45 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Sorry wasn't worried about specific names, just wondering where people on here think the team will come from.  Hope many of those players I listed are playing on the team that attempts to qualify for Qatar, but the vast majority of players we discuss now won't be around for 2026 if and when we get entry.  Who will supply the talent for the 2026 team? 

The CPL of course.

On 4/7/2017 at 4:22 PM, Club Linesman said:

Assuming we are awarded the World Cup and get automatic entry, I initially wondered about players committing to Canada as a result.  Upon reviewing the MOACA and our current MLS rosters, it became apparent that a vast majority of the roster would be players we would most likely be unaware of.  Outside of Davies who will be 25, the only other players who will be in their prime in 2026 are Tabla, Bustos, Reid, and Shome.  There are a number who will be just short of 30 - Tomori, Vaikla, Zambazis, Santino, and Zanatta.  Who will be representing Canada at that tournament?  Will the fence sitters commit?  Will the MLS academies supply the national team? Will the CPL give us the talent needed to compete in the World Cup?

Davies is a lock, it appears. Hopefully he can get out of MLS ASAP and follow Pulisic's path. 

The CanPL will uncover a gem each year.

14 hours ago, One American said:

Larin, Millar, Davies, Tabla, Cristante,  Fraser, Brault-Guillard, Awuah, Sadiki, Miller, Breza. 

Next. 

One point implied here is if Canada gets the WC this might be a huge incentive for a number of dual nationals to commit to the program.

On 09/04/2017 at 7:36 PM, canta15 said:

No player is a lock especially Davies. For all we know he could be the Canadian Adu

Exactly. When I saw the Davies/lock claim, I thought if this thread was a couple years ago we would have Boakai's name in his place. No doubt a long line of such sure things that just aren't so sure after all.

Archived