Unattached FC - Player movement/rumours/speculation

hamiltonfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

To bump this thread again.

I've been wondering about a couple of players. Tristan Borges, Caniggia Elva, where are they at? I think Cebara is not at Vojvodina anymore. And is Colin Jacques still at Istra 1961?

Can't find anything new about these players. Anyone? 

4 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

Also wondering about Derek Cornelius. Did he go back to Serbia or has he moved? There was speculation he'd move after a very strong showing at Toulon 

Cornelius is still there.

15 minutes ago, shamrock said:

To bump this thread again.

I've been wondering about a couple of players. Tristan Borges, Caniggia Elva, where are they at? I think Cebara is not at Vojvodina anymore. And is Colin Jacques still at Istra 1961?

Can't find anything new about these players. Anyone? 

I think your right on Cebera

12 hours ago, shamrock said:

https://www.fnweb.de/fraenkische-nachrichten_artikel,-fussball-rufe-nach-neuem-stuermer-werden-lauter-_arid,1292965.html

The other trailist is gone, Caniggia is still there. But they don't feel pressure of signing him (fast). 

You didn't understand the article correctly. The other trialist whose trial was unsuccessful was a striker and they apparently need a striker but according to the director of the board the striker market is quiet (not a lot on offer). The comment about not feeling pressured to sign someone fast is in reference to a striker not Elva. Concerning Elva the only commentary is that he is still on trial with no indication of the likelihood of him signing. The only negative for Elva in the article is at the end where the coach says in reference to needing a striker that they are good on the wing but weak at the front and winger is Elva's main position.

23 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

You didn't understand the article correctly. The other trialist whose trial was unsuccessful was a striker and they apparently need a striker but according to the director of the board the striker market is quiet (not a lot on offer). The comment about not feeling pressured to sign someone fast is in reference to a striker not Elva. Concerning Elva the only commentary is that he is still on trial with no indication of the likelihood of him signing. The only negative for Elva in the article is at the end where the coach says in reference to needing a striker that they are good on the wing but weak at the front and winger is Elva's main position.

So in other words they do not need wingers and they consider Elva to be a winger.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

So in other words they do not need wingers and they consider Elva to be a winger.

They are not talking about Elva at that point in the article. Actually the article is not really about Elva, it is about them needing a striker and says that they sent home the striker on trial for in literal German translation "the condition of his body was too poor to pursue him further". Then it mentions that the second trialist, Elva, is still on trial and that he played for Stuttgart U23 including 21 games in the 3rd Bundesliga before returning to the topic of needing a striker. The director of the board states they are not pressured to make a striker signing and then the coach is quoted as saying their play on the wings is good but they are lacking at the front (he seems to want a new striker more than the director). He is talking about that in relation to needing a striker not in relation to Elva. It is simply my interjection that since Elva has mostly played as a winger maybe it is not hopeful for him that the coach is quoted as saying they are good on the wing. Elva has played a small number of games as striker and central midfielder but has mostly played as a winger, an almost equal number of times on both sides. 

14 minutes ago, nolando said:

I think REB is out of a job too....not sure, though 

Yes his contract with TeBe Berlin ran out end of June and it does not seem like he has signed anywhere. I checked his Twitter and nothing there about a team. Cue the obligatory CPL bound comment.

No to my surprise. I'd have thought he'd land a job at least in D2 Netherlands, Heerenveen's second team was Champion last year and he played a big role in that team. Maybe he had different plans (Portugal?) but I really don't understand why we haven't heard from him yet. 

13 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yes his contract with TeBe Berlin ran out end of June and it does not seem like he has signed anywhere. I checked his Twitter and nothing there about a team. Cue the obligatory CPL bound comment.

Do we really want the the CPL to be the place for Canadians who couldn’t cut it elsewhere? I’d rather get some young guys playing and earning some money rather than having it as the washed up Canadian retirement league. 

26 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Do we really want the the CPL to be the place for Canadians who couldn’t cut it elsewhere? I’d rather get some young guys playing and earning some money rather than having it as the washed up Canadian retirement league. 

I mean to a great extent we're going to wind up with both. It's nice to see guys like Randy sticking in the game rather than treating CanPL like a pure developmental league.

28 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

You need players like this to raise the league to a level good enough that the young guys are playing at a level high enough that they are developing. Especially in the early years. Plus the one thing that will guarantee that players do not develop very much is if it is a development league and not a fully professional league in which winning and having a good level of play/entertainment for the fans is not a priority.

Archived