Unattached FC - Player movement/rumours/speculation

hamiltonfan

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians training with Unattached FC
    • Who are the best players on UFC? Where may the be going? Potential Opportunities?

(testing the water with the thread, thoughts?)  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stefan Cebara has been without a club since the end of the 2015-16 season.  He played well with Zlate Moravce in the Slovak 1st tier (a lower level league), and has 8 caps for Canada. I am kind of surprised he still hasn't been able to find a club.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 06/07/2017 at 0:29 AM, BCM1555362349 said:

John Smits?

On 07/07/2017 at 6:01 AM, Blackjack15 said:

Any interest from clubs in Fraser Aird?

20 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Adam Straith still without a club 

6 hours ago, Toje said:

What about Milovan Kapor?  Any updates since he left Zlate Moravce?

obligatory cpl bound post for everyone

Does anybody remember that player run tournament that NHL players did during the lockout (I'm thinking it was the early 2000's one, but maybe the one in the 90's)? Maybe all these unattached FC guys should actually pick a spot and train together. Maybe set up some friendlies with local teams. That would be a bit fun to see.

I don't think I'm being serious, but it's a bit hard for me to tell.

Here in the Czech Republic there is a football association which runs a 'club' for unattached professional players.  They usually play friendlies throughout the summer and at times in the winter vs 2nd and 3rd division clubs.

10 minutes ago, Toje said:

Here in the Czech Republic there is a football association which runs a 'club' for unattached professional players.  They usually play friendlies throughout the summer and at times in the winter vs 2nd and 3rd division clubs.

It exists in France too. But I doubt that we could do something like that in Canada until CPL starts preseason.

17 hours ago, Keegan said:

Seriously though? What's going on there.. 22 years old and fairly established for his age.  

I've always been surprised why he never got a shot at the Scottish Premiership with Rangers FC. He played in the second, third and 4th divisions but never the top one.

Anyhow a few months ago, Wigan Athletic & Blackburn Rovers expressed interest in him, is League One a step upwards or downwards? No idea! 

In my opinion Aird has always been very underrated as a player. He should get more opportunities but doesn't seem like it now :/ 

I don't see what's wrong with going back to MLS! When he was with VWFC he made 18 appearances in the 2016 season and showed more than capable of being a solid Right-Back 

10 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Honestly, as much as I would love for him to play for the Vancouver Whitecaps it's not gonna happen. Even if he does sign a first team contract he'll be a benchwarmer for the remainder of the season and then released afterwards.

i can see him being sent to their USL Side or on loan to another team in the NASL. 

Eitheir way wish him the best on his trial 

3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

It exists in France too. But I doubt that we could do something like that in Canada until CPL starts preseason.

Some surprised there hasn't been a puch for some kind of program where guys can join a L1O side on a month long contract to maintain fitness when they're without a club. It might not be much but it's better than sitting at home for 4-6 months

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Does anybody remember that player run tournament that NFL players did during the lockout (I'm thinking it was the early 2000's one, but maybe the one in the 90's)? Maybe all these unattached FC guys should actually pick a spot and train together. Maybe set up some friendlies with local teams. That would be a bit fun to see.

I don't think I'm being serious, but it's a bit hard for me to tell.

In Toronto over the winter, there's a sort of two team thing where MLS, NASL, USL, Scandinavian based and unattached local guys play. I think it's a 3 game thing between December and January.

2 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Honestly, as much as I would love for him to play for the Vancouver Whitecaps it's not gonna happen. Even if he does sign a first team contract he'll be a benchwarmer for the remainder of the season and then released afterwards.

i can see him being sent to their USL Side or on loan to another team in the NASL. 

Eitheir way wish him the best on his trial 

Don't think it's a trial... I think he's probably just training with them to stay active.

18 hours ago, matty said:

Some surprised there hasn't been a puch for some kind of program where guys can join a L1O side on a month long contract to maintain fitness when they're without a club. It might not be much but it's better than sitting at home for 4-6 months

I doubt there is anything preventing this. Cyle Larin played something like 4 games for Sigma in the first year of L1O. Ashley Lawrence and Kadeisha  Buchanan played a single game together (for Vaughan maybe? I can't remember for sure) when they had a bit of a break in their schedules. There might be other examples that I can't recall.

But yeah, I like your idea. More players should make use of that league (and PLSQ) when they are between teams and need to continue training.

• 5 months later...

Archived