David Wotherspoon

IceCreamMan

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I would love to see the whitecaps try to get him. He would be a great addition. I bet he wouldn’t cost that much.  

Until the window against Cuba, I don’t even know if Spoony had ever stepped foot in Canada before.  Would be interesting to see but I don’t think this would happen.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Played a full match today with a trophy, the Scottish League Cup ( Betfred Cup ) on the line.

EDIT:

They won the match and the cup.

Reminder: Spoony won the Scottish Cup with St. Johnstone in 2014 but the club had never won the League Cup before.

------

I think he will get the call for March. I have a feeling that certain players will only stick around for the first match vs Bermuda and others like Spoony might stick around longer to play match #2 vs the Caymans.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 1 month later...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/rising-through-ranks-david-wotherspoon-23828169
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/david-wotherspoon-starring-canada-ball-23845754
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/john-herdman-finding-david-wotherspoon-23884900

3 interesting articles on Spoony in the Daily Record (mostly the last one).

In that third article, I find it disingenuous of Herdman that he makes it sound like he personally recruited Spoony (almost from scratch) when it is well known that Spoony spoke with Arfield first.
Surely there was CSA contact (and possibly from Zambrano) first!
This thread was started in March 2017 and Spoony's first match was during the international window in March 2018.

Also, Herdman was announced as Head Coach in early January but didn't speak to Spoony until a month later (February 2018) according to the article!
Why the wait?
I'm not anti-Herdman like @Unnamed Trialist but this all seems a bit much.

38 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Edgar also took a lot of the credit during the broadcast.  Said it was he and Arfield who convinced him.

The joke on the broadcast (and that Edgar made in the past) is that Edgar convinced Arfield to join and then Spoony reached out to his fellow Scot, Arfield, and Arfield convinced Spoony. Therefore Edgar should get the credit because he started the chain of events. 

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

In that third article, I find it disingenuous of Herdman that he makes it sound like he personally recruited Spoony (almost from scratch) when it is well known that Spoony spoke with Arfield first.
Surely there was CSA contact (and possibly from Zambrano) first!
This thread was started in March 2017 and Spoony's first match was during the international window in March 2018.

Just a little like a used car salesman, always overselling and you come away feeling greasy??  I have gotten that vibe off him from day 1 with the womens program.  

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Just a little like a used car salesman, always overselling and you come away feeling greasy??  I have gotten that vibe off him from day 1 with the womens program.  

If Herdman is a used car salesman, what does that make Bontis? An ice salesman to the Inuit. Herdman has nothing on him.