David Wotherspoon

IceCreamMan

7 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think this was always the expected timeline for his return, no? Doesn't seem like there's been any setback here, if anything the manager is tempering expectations for his timeline which is far better than rushing it.

Well I think there was thought that he may be back earlier since he was training in April.

• 1 month later...

His recovery continues.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3479377/drey-wright-st-johnstone-david-wotherspoon-comeback/

“David is coming along great,” said Davidson. “He’s twisting and turning. It’s a gradual build-up.
“It’s important we take our time to make sure he’s right for the rest of his career.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I’m one of the biggest advocates and fans of Spoony around here but he’s gotta get some miles underneath those legs and not sure a friendly is the way to do it, especially with St Johnstone struggling.

I don't think Wotherspoon would turn down a call-up in September. If he does that could ultimately remove him from WC contention.

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I’m one of the biggest advocates and fans of Spoony around here but he’s gotta get some miles underneath those legs and not sure a friendly is the way to do it, especially with St Johnstone struggling.

I think that depends. If the CMNT is just trying to help him get back to get back to game fitness, call him up and get him some game action since. If they're actually concerned with how well he could play right now, then this isn't the time to judge that.

Ultimately, assuming he's healthy, I think he gets the call for the World Cup and they look to use him just off the bench. 

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

I think that depends. If the CMNT is just trying to help him get back to get back to game fitness, call him up and get him some game action since. If they're actually concerned with how well he could play right now, then this isn't the time to judge that.

Ultimately, assuming he's healthy, I think he gets the call for the World Cup and they look to use him just off the bench. 

I think Spoony would be thrilled to just be in the squad and help out.  Any minutes he’d get would be a huge bonus after the injury issues he’s had.

19 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Per the Northern Futbol podcast CSA already looking for WC tickets for his family?  Planning him in the squad before even one minute of play post injury?  I’m all for bringing the team that got you there but this is a bit much IMO.

He was pretty much a fringe player even before the injury, so to pencil him in after not even playing for nearly a year is very odd if true.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Shway said:

I’m rooting for him man. I appreciate his commitment, and he’s deserves to be at the end of this story in Qatar.

I agree. 

Also, right now our midfield is decimated. Osorio, Hutchinson and Wotherspoon are having trouble getting on the pitch and Kaye looks like he needs to play in a semi-pro league. God, I hope three if not all four round up to shape before November or we'll have a very unmemorable WC.

44 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I agree. 

Also, right now our midfield is decimated. Osorio, Hutchinson and Wotherspoon are having trouble getting on the pitch and Kaye looks like he needs to play in a semi-pro league. God, I hope three if not all four round up to shape before November or we'll have a very unmemorable WC.

From the reports the only one I'm really worried about is Oso. If it has anything to do with lingering concussion issues we may need to accept the inevitable. This would be rough. He's a huge part of what we do...clearly he's left a massive hole for TFC as they've looked terrible.