Dub Narcotic

Sam Adekugbe

10 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

From what I've seen of Adekugbe at Valerenga he hasn't looked fantastic just solid, so right now I think despite being inexperienced Bassong along with Miller and Solomon should all be ahead of Adekugbe in depth.

From what I’ve seen of Bassong at Cercle Brugge, he hasn’t looked fantastic, just invisible, because he doesn’t play (on a pretty bad team too).

if we are playing with a traditional LB it’s Sam all day for me

43 minutes ago, Fullback said:

From what I’ve seen of Bassong at Cercle Brugge, he hasn’t looked fantastic, just invisible, because he doesn’t play (on a pretty bad team too).

if we are playing with a traditional LB it’s Sam all day for me

Same goes for Solomon. He somehow in some peoples mind has passed Sam. He plays on one of bottom teams in Isreal and realistically noone even knew he existed 2 weeks ago.

Right now I would go with  Sam at starting LB , and have Davies as a winger , As far as Miller he would be number 2  but didn't soeone mention that he has played at CB 

He admits that he caused the contact after that..he simply pushed the ball too far and was never getting to it before the next defender so tried to get the penalty..sit out the next one and think about it kid

I like Adekugbe but realistically he's a midtable starter at Norway and that seems to be his ceiling. Is that enough for Canada? Probably but there are younger players who seem to have high upside. 

I still think his knee injury may have lowered his ceiling somewhat.

11 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

It does look like there was the slightest of clips on his back leg. Enough to trip him up? You decide...

Nope - that's a blatant dive and yellow.  He overcooked his touch and went down.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I like Adekugbe but realistically he's a midtable starter at Norway and that seems to be his ceiling. Is that enough for Canada? Probably but there are younger players who seem to have high upside. 

I still think his knee injury may have lowered his ceiling somewhat.

I remember when "mid-table starter in Norway" gave you a strong case for the starting 11?

Think Chris Pozniak.

Looks like there was slight contact but he went down too easy. Considering it was in the box, not much choice for the ref but to book him.

Yeah, there was contact, but usually when that happens your feet stumble, maybe you kick the ground or something. He looked to bring his upper body down. So he felt the contact and decided to go down. He went down easy, but these are the types of things that I spoke about a few days back where that kind of thing is rarely called if you stay on your feet, even if it screws up your chances of making a play.