Sam Adekugbe

Dub Narcotic

Translation

Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir are interested in Sam Adekugbe
Yakup Çınar/Fanatik Özel fanatik.com.tr May 13 2022

Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir are interested in Hatayspor's left-back Sam Adekugbe. The 27-year-old player, who plays for the Canadian National Team, has a contract until 2024.

Left-back Sam Adekugbe, who played 58 games for the Canadian National Team and Hatayspor this season, is on the agenda of Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir.

Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir are closely interested in the 27-year-old player. Both teams are expected to make offers to Hatayspor at the end of the season.

It had come to 400 thousand Euros!

The Canadian player, who was transferred from the Norwegian team Valerenga at the beginning of the season for 400 thousand Euros, has a contract with Hatayspor until 2024.

Along with Larin and Atiba, Adekugbe, who is one of the constant names of the Canadian National Team and was included in the squad that qualified for the World Cup, played 19 games for the national team this season.

Apart from Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir, Sam Adekugbe is among the news that some European clubs are also interested in.

6 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Translation

Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir are interested in Sam Adekugbe
Yakup Çınar/Fanatik Özel fanatik.com.tr May 13 2022

Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir are interested in Hatayspor's left-back Sam Adekugbe. The 27-year-old player, who plays for the Canadian National Team, has a contract until 2024.

Left-back Sam Adekugbe, who played 58 games for the Canadian National Team and Hatayspor this season, is on the agenda of Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir.

Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir are closely interested in the 27-year-old player. Both teams are expected to make offers to Hatayspor at the end of the season.

It had come to 400 thousand Euros!

The Canadian player, who was transferred from the Norwegian team Valerenga at the beginning of the season for 400 thousand Euros, has a contract with Hatayspor until 2024.

Along with Larin and Atiba, Adekugbe, who is one of the constant names of the Canadian National Team and was included in the squad that qualified for the World Cup, played 19 games for the national team this season.

Apart from Fenerbahçe and Başakşehir, Sam Adekugbe is among the news that some European clubs are also interested in.

He deserves it. 

See his team ran out of steam, no wins in those last matches, but still ended midtable and within reasonable range of a European spot. So obviously his season was a solid one on a mid-table team and he was noticed. 

4 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Sam, didn't have to do that, a classy move by him to initiate that.  I remember seeing a post from his proud momma, she seems like she should be the team's de facto mom.  Acorn don't fall far from the tree.

I recently saw a very proud tweet of his sister graduating from U of Calgary think it was. 

• 3 weeks later...

While I have given reasons to avoid Istanbul Basaksehir for Larin, I am not so worried if Sam signs there. 

For Larin it'd be lateral or backwards in terms of prestige and quality of club and fan base. For Adekugbe it would be a step up, he'd be making considerably more and have a chance at European football (they qualified for the early Conference League rounds, coming fourth).

This is a club I hold my nose at, I'd love to see them relegate (they almost did last season). But for a player like Sam to go from midtable Norway to a stronger club in Turkey with two transfers in a year would be great. And he could always move on from there.

I have a feeling Adekugbe is going to be the player that benefits most from WC exposure. Just in the octo he had fantastic moments, and feels like a guy made for a highlight reel. Of all of our players, Davies and David excluded, he’s my pick for a guy the rest of the world falls for. 

My wild prediction is if he waits until after the World Cup to transfer, he’ll get picked up by a bottom table Bundesliga club. Let’s see Sammy become a Wolfsburg legend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...