Sam Adekugbe

Dub Narcotic

7 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Love this photo and the love you can feel from it. But more importantly Canada is a country of multicultural acceptance even after some of the things we have seen this week. Love to one another in everyway. 

No description available.

Exactly...what we have seen this week in Ottawa and across the country is people of all different races, colours and creeds come together and it has been beautiful to see...or is that not what you meant?

13 minutes ago, masster said:

Exactly...what we have seen this week in Ottawa and across the country is people of all different races, colours and creeds come together and it has been beautiful to see...or is that not what you meant?

Absolutely. Sunday showed Canada the good, The actions of a few in Ottawa not so much. So lets focus on what this country has to offer regardless of who you are, we as a country are far from perfect, but moments like Sunday show we can come together. 

5 hours ago, Cblake said:

Love this photo and the love you can feel from it. But more importantly Canada is a country of multicultural acceptance even after some of the things we have seen this week. Love to one another in everyway. 

No description available.

Multicultural? All the fans in the pic are white unless you're referring to the fan on the complete left in a Habs sweater.😄

4 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Multicultural? All the fans in the pic are white unless you're referring to the fan on the complete left in a Habs sweater.😄

LOL.  Fair enough.

But I guess interpretation is everything.  And here I was seeing a bunch of Hosers from Ontario saluting the goal celebration of a man from Calgary who's 20 years their junior. 

I think I'm going to hang onto that interpretation.  😊

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

My MOTM again today. So positive and maybe lucky but came out with the ball so many times in 50/50 challenges. A real asset for us to have with or alternating with Phonzie.

Seems to be still improving and only just coming into his peak. Will move higher than the Turkish league if he keeps playing like this.

Have to agree he can move up from Hatayspor. hopefully our run get him some more visibility from bigger clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Have to agree he can move up from Hatayspor. hopefully our run get him some more visibility from bigger clubs. 

It will be really interesting to see what our presence in Qatar does for our guys' club situations.  Gotta think at least a few of them can use it as a platform for moves to bigger clubs.

22 minutes ago, toontownman said:

My MOTM again today. So positive and maybe lucky but came out with the ball so many times in 50/50 challenges. A real asset for us to have with or alternating with Phonzie.

Seems to be still improving and only just coming into his peak. Will move higher than the Turkish league if he keeps playing like this.

Agree. He could have had a hat trick of assists if only David/Larin could slot them home. 

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It will be really interesting to see what our presence in Qatar does for our guys' club situations.  Gotta think at least a few of them can use it as a platform for moves to bigger clubs.

I think, to be honest, starting with Johnston. I think if he did not have a goofy-looking face he'd already be in Europe, players get discriminated for odd reasons, and more if they are playing in MLS.

One reason I want our guys to play at a higher level is for higher play to fix little things for us. We had about 12 counters last night we blew because some rather basic outlet or inside passes were screwed up, sometimes rather poorly. Or simple passes but under pressure missed, with a player open. Raise your club level, all the little details get fixed.

Basically, the guys at Montreal should get moves, namely Miller. Osorio might be tough because of his age. Fraser is an obvious example, the guy steps in and shows character and poise and look where he's playing--get a better agent, son. 

Then there's Hoillet. The club is a mess this year. But he's still wily, it would be important for us for him to stay in the Championship, just for the game readiness. With Richie we just need him to play, the level should be alright. 

Of the other guys, I don't think anyone is going to move that quickly, but yes: Sam might go to a Turkey powerhouse, and I could see Tajon getting offers if he just starts to finish in Belgium.

Vitoria is on his last contract, feel sorry for him as he does not make much, surely. Hutch will move into management they say but we need him to play for the club next season--and stay healthy as he says. 

9 hours ago, toontownman said:

I totally agree with you! And I'm a huge Buchanan fan but Sam was the MOTM last night, just  lights out. I don't want to blow my own horn but I can remember him coming on as a sub against one of the minnow teams and he was making those runs up the left flank and I asked myself what the hell happened to this kid. He looks like a baller. John needs to play him more. 

We missed him against Costa Rica. But something tells me he's gonna shine in Qatar. He's gonna get  3 or 4 MOTM at Qatar. 3 or 4 MOTMs out of 7 matches isn't bad.  Davies, David, Larin, Buchanan, Eustaquio, Atiba, Vitoria can fight over what's left.

(I hope you see what I did there)

Sam has been a difference maker in almost every game he has played in the Octo. His anticipation on defense is remarkable. He sees the play develop and moves before the pass is made. Did that a couple of times yesterday. On attack he just seems to get wide open and again times his run down the flank perfectly. His delivery into the box is solid. Other than David and Larin, I think Sam is a good bet to move to a higher league at the end of this season. Don't know what his ceiling is but he is looking really good for Canada and scouts must have eyes on our team now

• 1 month later...