Sam Adekugbe

Dub Narcotic

3 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Would really like to see a rear or front view of that shot - it looked to me like Sam curved that ball, but I'd love to see how much it might've bent on a replay...

Sam was very smart to strike when he did...most would have tried to take another touch and get in the box. He caught Turner flat footed by doing that

9 minutes ago, rdb9ty said:

Right before they came off at the end of warmups, having practiced his crossing for the most part, Adekugbe ran over to the right flank and attempted a shot on goal...it was about 10 feet wide. Glad he got that one out of the way before the match 😂

He also had a decent chance and blasted high and wide about 5 minutes before his goal. Nice to see him being aggressive.

15 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I'm still bitter as to just how badly Carl Robinson misjudged Adekugbe, and how he favored Jordan Harvey despite Adekugbe beating him out in training camp before losing his spot to injury.

While I do agree, I also thought Robbo actually played a role in getting him training stints with Brighton Hove Albion and then getting the loan arranged.  And if we're being honest, it was his time in England (followed by his European career) that has really shaped his football.  I'd even venture to say he's done better for himself there than he would've if he'd stayed with the Caps...

Edited by GasPed

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

It is interesting... Herdman could barely look at the shot. Just looks down... peaks his head around people pushing past... then goes insane lol

that angle at 1:12, I keep watching it back and looking at a different persons reaction each time. pure excitement.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:23 PM, Watchmen said:

I'm still bitter as to just how badly Carl Robinson misjudged Adekugbe, and how he favored Jordan Harvey despite Adekugbe beating him out in training camp before losing his spot to injury.

Yeah, I agree. And props to Sam for never giving up on his dream. Resilience is the key word here, along with some self-belief and hunger.