Sam Adekugbe

Dub Narcotic

2 hours ago, bfque8 said:

No confirmation from either club yet (largely because the window hasn't opened just yet), but it's Horvath so I imagine that confirmation will be coming down once the Hungarian window opens on June 15th.

Been many years since I last ran into him but can confirm that John Horvath is a diehard Ferencvaros fan and is highly likely to know what he's talking about in this context.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

34 minutes ago, Shway said:

Please no Vancouver....

Yep completely agree.. mostly because I think Guti deserves to be the out and out starter once the inevitable happens and Ali is out. Turkey would be a great place for him

edit: I also believe Sam deserves to be the out and out starter wherever he lands.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

I

46 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Yep completely agree.. mostly because I think Guti deserves to be the out and out starter once the inevitable happens and Ali is out. Turkey would be a great place for him

edit: I also believe Sam deserves to be the out and out starter wherever he lands.

That and they have too much Canadians (not that it's a bad thing). As you stated, I just prefer Canadians to no be competing against eachother for places in non -Canadian leagues.

I would rather he goes to DC than Vancouver, but really I want to see him with Hatayspor. They finished 6th in the table, I think. That's where the Gabon international who beat Larin for the scoring title plays. Can't remember his name. They also have ex-EPL forward Diouf, who finished just behind Larin on 18 goals, I believe.

Don't know what the rest of the squad is like, but those are two very good players to play alongside. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I would rather he goes to DC than Vancouver, but really I want to see him with Hatayspor. They finished 6th in the table, I think. That's where the Gabon international who beat Larin for the scoring title plays. Can't remember his name. They also have ex-EPL forward Diouf, who finished just behind Larin on 18 goals, I believe.

Don't know what the rest of the squad is like, but those are two very good players to play alongside. 

Boupendza

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Part of the reason why Hatayspor finished 6th was that they shipped a ton of goals in comparison to the rest of the top 7 - looks like most fans are pretty interested in the transfer because their defence needs the most help in the squad. Their LBs last season were two on loan from Ligue 1 last season that have since returned, and their former captain leaving on an EOC, so looks also like no competition.

Personally, it's risk/reward (like the Ferencvaros move) in how volatile the league can be.

10 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I don’t see why he’d want to go back to Vancouver, it’s not like they gave him a shot.

They made him their starting full-back at a young age after developing him through their academy program. He got injured, lost his spot in the team in the short term, then fixated on moving to Europe.