Paris Gee

Dub Narcotic

Bit of a deep cut here: defender, born in 1994 in Burnaby, played in the Whitecaps residency then at SFU for a couple of years. During his University days he played with Croatia SC in the VMSL then was signed with NK Rudes in the Croatian second division. Signed this year by Tulsa Roughnecks in the USL.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:23 AM, Dub Narcotic said:

Bit of a deep cut here: defender, born in 1994 in Burnaby, played in the Whitecaps residency then at SFU for a couple of years. During his University days he played with Croatia SC in the VMSL then was signed with NK Rudes in the Croatian second division. Signed this year by Tulsa Roughnecks in the USL.

seems like he is carving himself a career. If he can play every week in the USL he certainly gives himself a shot at our senior team etc.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

He is already a proven USL starter, probably making OK cash down there, still only 24.  I dont think St Louis has an affiliate deal with MLS, but it seems like the independent USL clubs tend to splash a bit more cash.  Good for him.  

One of the St Louis starters was ranting on Twitter this past season about how awful USL treatment of players is so I doubt it but it’s possible.  I had forgot about Gee but he would have been a decent signing in CPL.

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

He is already a proven USL starter, probably making OK cash down there, still only 24.  I dont think St Louis has an affiliate deal with MLS, but it seems like the independent USL clubs tend to splash a bit more cash.  Good for him.  

St Louis is a well run outfit with a vibrant fan base (I've been to a few of their matches for the past three seasons), and they are connected with the city's MLS bid - so I suspect they will up their game even more this year.

Archived