2 hours ago, PopePouri said:

Borges deserves more of a call up before Telfer. 

He does, but we're not about to lose Borges to T&T.

Also, the time to cap Telfer was last year when he was a pleasant surprise in MLS. 

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He does, but we're not about to lose Borges to T&T.

Also, the time to cap Telfer was last year when he was a pleasant surprise in MLS. 

So be it. He has to grind to get to this point. He deserves the best chance to advance his career, and that I believe that would be with T&T. He's not going to find much minutes with Canada.

1 minute ago, PopePouri said:

So be it. He has to grind to get to this point. He deserves the best chance to advance his career, and that I believe that would be with T&T. He's not going to find much minutes with Canada.

Unfortunately I believe you are right, which is a shame because I think he has some qualities we could use. 

Good luck to him though, whatever he decides.

I’d rather introduce the 20 year to the program then the 25 year old who has Hoilett, Arfield, David, Millar, Davies, and Tabla ahead of him and all capable of playing on the wing. Ones a young guy getting playing time in a more competitive environment and still has lots of room to grow, and one was signed as a rough diamond and hasn’t consistently shown he belongs.

I think Tabla has to start showing something with Montreal before I would call him to senior team.  Or maybe go to u-23 and do something there.  Skip this next camp and get some game time.  Same with Shaffleboug, stay playing, start getting some assists etc.  I really like Telfer, but at his age etc...its tough to call him.  Hell we might not even call Tesho who is in the middle of his best year ever.  This is the brave new world we are in.  I dont blame Telfer is he accepts a call for T+T, at his age.  We should have made a place for him last year, but we had to play "our best 11" even if that meant guys out of position to beat up on minnows.  

I had the chance to ask Telfer about the Trinidad rumours after the York9 game and he mentioned that he's aware of the interest in him, and wants to play internationally. He also said he expects to make his decision soon. Jimmy Brennan also stepped in and said they've had conversations about this and York9 will support whatever he chooses.

23 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I had the chance to ask Telfer about the Trinidad rumours after the York9 game and he mentioned that he's aware of the interest in him, and wants to play internationally. He also said he expects to make his decision soon. Jimmy Brennan also stepped in and said they've had conversations about this and York9 will support whatever he chooses.

Sounds like hes going to commit to trinidad if he wants to play internationally. Canada cant guarantee him regular call ups.