Ryan Telfer

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

No I meant it, that would be a extremely rare medal to see for a CDN kid.  Mounted up over his mantle, show it all his cousins that are doctors or layers eh??  Take that!!  

I though he stemmed from a long line of trophy case makers? 

• 3 weeks later...

It's impressive how fast Telfer has been improving, just 2 years ago he was playing for the York Lions. He is definitely ahead of Ashtone Morgan for the time being as a left winger, and I could see him giving Justin Morrow a run for his money and taking the starting role for himself. As a TFC fan, Ryan is finally making me get over losing Raheem 

18 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

It's impressive how fast Telfer has been improving, just 2 years ago he was playing for the York Lions. He is definitely ahead of Ashtone Morgan for the time being as a left winger, and I could see him giving Justin Morrow a run for his money and taking the starting role for himself. As a TFC fan, Ryan is finally making me get over losing Raheem 

The reality is, Morrows best season is behind him. The position is up for grabs for a Canadian who's willing to take it. Telfer looked the part.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/ryan-telfers-late-goal-gives-toronto-fc-a-much-needed-2-1-win-over-orlando-city

Telfer hardly cracked a smile after his first goal in his fourth MLS start.

“To be honest, it hasn’t sunk in as yet,” the soft-spoken 24-year-old from Mississauga, Ont., by way of Trinidad and Tobago, said of his goal.

Born in Canada to parents from Trinidad, Telfer grew up in Chaguanas in central Trinidad but regularly visited family here. He moved to Canada when he was 17 for school.

Two years ago, he was scoring goals for York University.

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

Absolutely took Will Johnson to school tonight. Fantastic strike at the end to seal the deal. I am more and more impressed everytime I watch him.

If he wasn't on John Herdman's radar before, then he certainly is now.

Monster game. Every highlight of the match featured the lad. Really impressive tonight.

Very impressive game by Telfer, it seemed every time he touched the ball on the left side he was going by and beating a player and creating a chance. It was not hard not to notice him out there, he really stood out with his play in that game , well done to him , if he can bring this type of game on a consistent basis he will be a big help to TFC and hopefully Canada .

32 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I was of the feeling that I wanted to see our best team come September, Hoilett, Davies, Cavallini..  ...now i don't want to.

I want to see a best IX of uncapped players. 

I think we need a blend, but for sure we need a healthy portion of fringe players we are looking to cap tie. Telfer would be at the top of my list if I was Herdman.

But if he keeps playing like that, he'll be called out of necessity. He was Toronto's most dangerous player last night.

4 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

He still has a ways to go. Very hesitant to cut inside with or without the ball.  He was 1 v 1 with Will Johnson several times, and only got 1 decent cross in, which was over hit.

He can strike the ball tho. One of the best hits I've ever seen at BMO field. 

Except that one time where he skillfully cut inside on Johnson, slipped through the secondary help, and drew a free kick at the top of the box.

If anything, I was impressed to see him mix it up and cut inside, since he was having so much joy beating Johnson in the outside. I didn't know he had that in his game. It was encouraging to see.

As for his crosses, I would say they were mixed. Room for improvement yes, but slightly higher grades than you'd give him by the sounds of it.

25 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

He still has a ways to go. Very hesitant to cut inside with or without the ball.  He was 1 v 1 with Will Johnson several times, and only got 1 decent cross in, which was over hit.

He can strike the ball tho. One of the best hits I've ever seen at BMO field. 

He had Will in his pocket the whole match. Nothing wrong in beating your marker to the outside, especially when you are playing out wide. Plus I thought he was very confident taking on players 1 v 1. His crossing will improve over time. This was by far the best game he has played in a TFC 1 shirt, so he has to show that he can bring this level on a consistent basis.