Ryan Telfer

Dub Narcotic

2 hours ago, PopePouri said:

If we're not basing it on promise, we're looking at his form in the CPL, and I'm sorry but he's not even a top 3 winger. Petrasso, Borges, and Pasquotti are ahead of him.

For me it was never about promise - he's older than each of those players.

It was his left foot, speed, and strength that were attractive.

And just because he is not in your top 3 doesn't mean he's a lower class of player or something. Borges, Petrasso, Telfer, Pasquotti are all roughly the same level in that each is important to their current team.

T&T saw something in him anyhow. I bet he's going to earn some hefty time with them in this cycle, and as one of the teams who may also go the non-hex route, that makes me nervous. You know how the soccer gods do - they can be very cruel.

Edited by Obinna

9 hours ago, MtlMario said:

I for one cannot offer a good luck to anyone that could of played for us and then one day could knock us out of WCQ or whatever competition.Sorry but that's just me. Otherwise i agree 100%.

I always wish the other team good luck. It's just common courtesy. That doesn't mean I don't plan on destroying them once the game starts. 

23 hours ago, Bison44 said:

How do you know he could have played for us??  A few self serving/promotional tidbits herdman threw out about looking at some CPL players??  I seriously doubt that he got invited to camp, Look at the reaction on this page when Shway suggested Telfer be called in front of Millar as a 23rd man replacement..shock and confusion!!  I dont think he was part of Herdmans plans, he probably knew that and he has every right to go to T+T.  And if we are seriously thinking that T+T are going to be the reason we dont qualify for the WC....boy we are in trouble.  

Whether he's in JH's plans or not is not my point. My point is, I will never be happy and say good luck to anyone who could play for us and does not. Who's to say that he won't come back and haunt us? Are we that strong? As  Cdn. team supporters, we should be looking at things that make us stronger not weaker. How does it help our national teams when someone plays for a rival team? Look I don't wish them any harm, but I certainly won't wish them all the best. Cheers but that's my opinion.

Edited by MtlMario

40 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Whether he's in JH's plans or not is not my point. My point is, I will never be happy and say good luck to anyone who could play for us and does not. Who's to say that he won't come back and haunt us? Are we that strong? As a Cdn. team supporter, we should be looking at things that make us stronger not weaker. How does it help our national teams when someone plays for a rival team? Look I don't wish them any harm, but I certainly won't wish him all the best. Cheers but that's my opinion.

Lol.  I am kind of in the same boat.  It is like wishing someone one good luck when we are all-in at a poker game.  Even if I say it, I don't really mean it.  I don't want the guy to suffer horribly or anything - I just want my side to win.  Every time. 

• 2 years later...