• CB - Martin Amuz | Danubio FC | Uruguayan Primera division ?? | 21yo

• LB - Cristian Gutierrez | CD Huachipato | Chile Primera Division ?? | 21 yo

• MF - Stephen Eustaquio | GD Chaves | Primeira Liga ?? | 21yo 

• MF - Adam Hemati | Persepolis | Persian Gulf Pro League ?? | 23 yo 

• MF - Ferdi Kadioglu | Fernabahce | Super Lig ?? | 19yo

• FW - Ayo Akinola | Toronto FC | MLS ?? | 18yo

Extras: Bassong, Yankov

All mostly relatively young!

How many of these players do you think would help our National Team? 

Edited by Thomas

On 11/10/2018 at 10:38 PM, Bison44 said:

Hmmm, I call baloney on this one.  If you were at the airport, and the CMNT team is waiting for a flight....the guy you approach and talk to is Biello???  

1. He didn't say he approached Biello, he said that he had an opportunity to speak with him. Perhaps the players were unavailable for some reason in the moment he had a chance to talk to them.

2. I certainly would want to speak with Biello over the players, so it's conceivable someone else would, too.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's baloney too, just for different reasons.

Edited by El Diego

7 hours ago, jordan said:

Iankov went 65 today for Bulgaria U19 against Romania U19 in a 1-1 draw. 

Is there hope on Iankov? Surely if he is good enough for Bulgaria he will be capped by them, especially as he is starting regularly in their top league. If he isn't good enough he likely wouldn't crack our full mens team either. I am assuming at this point his attachment is more towards fully representing Bulgaria unless he views facing European opposition representing Bulgaria U19's better for his development rather than the Canadian youth teams, which also wouldn't be a stretch.

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

Is there hope on Iankov? Surely if he is good enough for Bulgaria he will be capped by them, especially as he is starting regularly in their top league. If he isn't good enough he likely wouldn't crack our full mens team either. I am assuming at this point his attachment is more towards fully representing Bulgaria unless he views facing European opposition representing Bulgaria U19's better for his development rather than the Canadian youth teams, which also wouldn't be a stretch.

Starting regularly in the second league but regularly on the first team bench for a team that has done quite well to hold their own in Europe for the previous 5 years. I think there is hope and its happened in the past. I certainly believe it would be good to give a look, to at least have an idea on what he can offer. I believe it's easy to rep Bulgaria in these games as they play games regularly, we do not play regular games at this level. I think its probably similar to Aird when at Rangers, Scotland played all the time. 

Edited by jordan

Eustaquio and Portugal U21 are playing Friday and Tuesday vs Poland U21 for the playoff to enter into the full tournament next summer 

Depending on that result, could be big in terms of a decision being made soon or later (Should he stick to POR and try and make their senior side or file his one time switch for Canada) 

Also linked with Sporting Lisbon, his boyhood club  

G.D Chaves has set a release clause of 5M I believe? More or less from that 

So watch our for Stephen the next week or so! 

Edited by Thomas

Euro U21 qualifying playoff leg 1: 

FT - Poland 0-1 Portugal

Stephen Eustaquio started and played all 90 minutes 

Leg 2 On Tuesday in Portugal 

Looks like it might be the same thing for Tomori, wait until next summer for a decision to be made 

On an individual level, good for him! Excellent experience to play at the U21 Euros and it will help his move to Sporting Lisbon should it happen (strong rumors) but obviously we want to see him in a canada Jersey

On 11/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, Blackjack15 said:

Euro U21 qualifying playoff leg 1: 

FT - Poland 0-1 Portugal

Stephen Eustaquio started and played all 90 minutes 

Leg 2 On Tuesday in Portugal 

Looks like it might be the same thing for Tomori, wait until next summer for a decision to be made 

On an individual level, good for him! Excellent experience to play at the U21 Euros and it will help his move to Sporting Lisbon should it happen (strong rumors) but obviously we want to see him in a canada Jersey

Playing in Euro 21 qualifying and potentially next year's tournament is a great opportunity to be scouted for these players.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

It will be interesting to follow Eustaquio now that Portugal have been eliminated from the U21 European Championship.  Essentially his time with Portugal u21 has come to an end.

Herdman better be talking to him, in an interview with Sportsnet he stated that “We have a plan in place of when we should talk to them” So in this case the timing is right 

Best case scenario: He files his one time switch and we see him in March! Also moves to sporting Lisbon to further his career 

Edited by Thomas

59 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

“We’re sad, we wanted more. we failed. Love Portugal, Thanks for everything.” 

I know we should probably take this with a grain a salt in a post of disappointment but maybe implying that his Portugal days are done? 

If you are a glass half full guy sure.  Keep thinking positive dude!!

8 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

“We’re sad, we wanted more. we failed. Love Portugal, Thanks for everything.” 

I know we should probably take this with a grain a salt in a post of disappointment but maybe implying that his Portugal days are done? 

Does have that "So long, and thanks for all the fish" feeling, doesn't it? ??

I'm not sure why Stephen would switch at this time. He's clearly on the Pourtuguese FA's radar; he just started and played 90 minutes of a play off qualifier in a very important position. It's also not like he just has some familial connection with Portugal that makes him eligible -- he's been there since (at least) the age of 9. Why wouldn't he hold out a bit longer for the senior team?

Not that I don't think we should make a play for him...

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

I'm not sure why Stephen would switch at this time. He's clearly on the Pourtuguese FA's radar; he just started and played 90 minutes of a play off qualifier in a very important position. It's also not like he just has some familial connection with Portugal that makes him eligible -- he's been there since (at least) the age of 9. Why wouldn't he hold out a bit longer for the senior team?

Not that I don't think we should make a play for him...

This may be true.  However, there are some great midfielders currently in the Portugal Senior squad, players that are likely to be play a role in the senior team for the next 5 to 10 years.  The way Portugal is currently producing players, it would be foolish to believe that they aren't going to be producing more world class midfielders in the next 5 years as well.

He is starting for their u21 Euro qualifying team, so of course he is on the senior team's radar.  He continues to improve and I hope that he moves on to bigger and better clubs. I would just hate to see him become the next Teal Bunbury and end up with a Portugal career of 4 or 5 caps when he could potentially play a large factor in Canadian soccer.

Edited by Corazon

• Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars