Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

On 6/7/2018 at 6:40 PM, harrycoyster said:

For comparison...

England: 1 Technical director, 16 full-time youth development advisors, 17 scouts, 51 regional FAs with their own talent identification structures.

Mexico: 1 Technical director, 1 Head of Youth Activities, 5 youth identification camp coaches, ~10 domestic scouts , 3-5 American-based scouts.

USA: 1 General Manager, 1 Head of Youth Development, 1 Head of Scouting, 1 Head of Talent Identification Systems, 9 technical advisors,  50 regional development coordinators, ~100 part-time scouts in the US,  ~50 part-time scouts abroad.

Canada: 1 General Manager, 1 Head of Development, 1 Director of Player Development, 1 Head of Long-Term Player Development

Sad Reality.

• 2 months later...

Odunze called up again to US u17's again   https://www.whitecapsfc.com/youth/post/2018/10/09/odunze-called-us-2018-u-17-international-youth-tournament 

I read he can't rep Canada yet as he is still working on citizenship. I take it you didn't need that to take part in the u15 Canada identification camp he did in 2017?  

One to watch given his height. 6'7 and he only turns 16 on Sunday! 

30 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Odunze called up again to US u17's again   https://www.whitecapsfc.com/youth/post/2018/10/09/odunze-called-us-2018-u-17-international-youth-tournament 

I read he can't rep Canada yet as he is still working on citizenship. I take it you didn't need that to take part in the u15 Canada identification camp he did in 2017?  

One to watch given his height. 6'7 and he only turns 16 on Sunday! 

If he plays for the USA before he is eligible for Canada he can never play for us.. so I hope the CSA has reached out to him and told him they’re interested. 

18 year old Goalkeeper from Montreal, Quebec – Josué Duverger

Former member at Sporting CP Academy 

Now at Vitoria FC (14th in Primeira Liga 17/18th season)

Represents Haiti at U20 and Senior Level, Has played in a friendly vs UAE 

Hope we’re not kicking ourselves in the foot later on should he have a successful career in Europe 

04126640-613F-4D34-A4F6-412A03C616A9.jpeg

24167C71-1E0C-46E7-B9CE-E0F588E8119E.jpeg

Edited by Thomas

We need to play more games at all levels U15/U17/20/23 / senior and against a wide range of teams. Players will jump ship one for a ton of reasons, but one is because there is no action. 

Yes it's been better with the Toulon tourney , CNL and coming up  qualifiers for the Olympics,  U20 World Cup, gold cup and WCQ for 2022. But those are must wins and our top rosters will need to play in those. We need games for the B and C squads. To keep that depth  engaged,  hungry  and fired up to play for Canada. Also it's a great way to see surplus talent. Fans are craving games too !!! This country is getting more fired up for soccer. Ya we have our top guys but it takes 40-60 players  per team to makes sure we have a successful program. 

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

We need to play more games at all levels U15/U17/20/23 / senior and against a wide range of teams. Players will jump ship one for a ton of reasons, but one is because there is no action. 

Yes it's been better with the Toulon tourney , CNL and coming up  qualifiers for the Olympics,  U20 World Cup, gold cup and WCQ for 2022. But those are must wins and our top rosters will need to play in those. We need games for the B and C squads. To keep that depth  engaged,  hungry  and fired up to play for Canada. Also it's a great way to see surplus talent. Fans are craving games too !!! This country is getting more fired up for soccer. Ya we have our top guys but it takes 40-60 players  per team to makes sure we have a successful program. 

For the youth teams, for sure this is something that could be addressed. I'm not sure how reasonable it is for the senior team though since it seems likely that the vast majority of FIFA windows will be filled with meaningful games (aside from possibly things like WCQ games after we have already been eliminated or clinched). Unless you are suggesting we have the A team play in the competitive matches at the same time as an entirely different B team with their own coaching staff plays friendlies?

Keep in mind that not only is there Nations League to fill up FIFA windows, but there is almost certainly going to be a change to WCQ as well so that there won't be 29 teams with no qualifying matches in the year leading up to the World Cup.

2 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Wasn’t it a Canada B team game all those years ago when we discovered Josh Simpson and Adrian Serioux? And then they were signed by Millwall? Or am I making that up?

Your are correct that they were discovered by Millwall as part of that series. They were known by most around here prior. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:04 PM, Blackjack15 said:

18 year old Goalkeeper from Montreal, Quebec – Josué Duverger

Former member at Sporting CP Academy 

Now at Vitoria FC (14th in Primeira Liga 17/18th season)

Represents Haiti at U20 and Senior Level, Has played in a friendly vs UAE 

Hope we’re not kicking ourselves in the foot later on should he have a successful career in Europe 

04126640-613F-4D34-A4F6-412A03C616A9.jpeg

24167C71-1E0C-46E7-B9CE-E0F588E8119E.jpeg

He was called up for Haiti's last Nations League game as well as the one tomorrow against St. Lucia. They only called two goalies so only a matter of time until he is cap-tied.

U21Euro Championship Qualifying

– First Match Of FIFA Window –

Portugal 9-0 Liechtenstein (FT)

Eustaquio was an unused sub, preparing for the deciding key game vs Bosnia  

England 7-0 Andorra (FT)

Tomori did not see any action as they’ve already qualified, could be involved vs Scotland

Estonia 0-2 Slovakia (FT)

Vaikla on the bench, surprisingly with his team already eliminated. Looks like he’s lost ground to Matvei Igonen as his Youth International career is ending

Edited by Thomas

U21Euro Championship Qualifying - Part Two

– Second Match Of FIFA Window –

• Portugal 4-2 Bosnia and Herzegovina

Eustaquio again was an unused sub surprisingly, they now play VS Poland next month in the playoffs (2 legs) should they win they qualify for the final tournament

• England 2-0 Scotland

Tomori started and played the full 90, England finish top of the group with 26pts and undefeated, they are favorites for the U21 Euros next summer. Fikayo will remain with the Three Lions until then 

• Estonia 2-2 Albania

Vaikla started in goal and played the whole game as his Youth International career has now come to an end, exhausted his age eligibility. Now a full senior player, He is 4th in the depth chart for the national team 

Edited by Thomas

I think these 3 players are worth bringing in to the National Team Fold, they may be young and have limited pro experience but from what I’ve seen I think they are to watch for sure. Considering they’ll never be good enough to represent their respective countries. We still shouldn’t ignore in the leagues they are playing in, plus two of the 3 can be used for the under twenty three team, either way I think they provide depth 

*GK ~ Tom Heward-Belle | Sidney FC (A-League ??) Age: 21 | Total Games: 3 | Professional since 2015

*CB ~ Martin Amuz | Danubio FC (Uruguayan Primera division ??) Age: 21 | Total Games: 6 | professional since 2016

^MF ~ Adam Hemati | Persepolis FC (Persian Gulf Pro League ??) Age: 23 | Total Games: 10 (All Competitions, league, Cup and Asian champions league) | professional since 2017

* = Born in 1997, eligible for Olympics 2020 and CONCACAF U23 Qualifying next fall

^ = Collegite career at University Of Ryerson (CIS) And South Carolina Upstate (NCAA D1)

I think its as much how far the program has come in those years. 

Tesho is a prime candidate to CPL imo and could really kickstart his career. Twardek and Air still have some time to work out and grow. Neither ever looked like world beaters but looked like solid additions to our player pool. 

Things were certainly bleaker a few years back and anyone with potential to play in a top league was a coup. All three could still play a role for CMNT but the fact so many others have emerged since their original pursuit shows the programs progress. 

Those three were better than what we had at the time. I particularly remember being very happy about Tesho, but the reality is none of those players were going to be playing on even a mid tier football nations steam.  Now that we have improved so much in the front 7 those players are pretty much done, especially as almost all of the players are in their prime or U20 meaning the likes of Tesho and Fraser are caught in the middle and Kris has his work cut out for him.

3 hours ago, Vince193 said:

It's interesting looking at some of the Dual nationals we were killing ourselves over. Twardek, Aird and Akindele have not really panned out, with Akindele arguably completely out of the picture at this point. 

Unless something drastic happens I think Twardek won’t be back ever.

Ahh we forget so quickly, Tesho was rookie of the year in MLS, and getting invites to USMNT at the time.  He chose us instead of the US (anti Teal) and although this year has been tough, he has been a solid MLS player, got over a dozen caps with canada, a couple international goals and he isnt done just yet.  He is a winger/forward that can pot 5-6 goals at the MLS level, he still has to be considered for the roster if we are calling our best 20 for WCQ.  

But I think his biggest contribution was turning the tide with duals and within a year Hoilett and Arfield had also joined up (drastically shrinking Tesho's chances of seeing the pitch).  And now the youngsters have leapfrogged him (Davies, Tabla, Millar), bad for him but good for canada.  But who knows, if he pulled a teal, maybe hoilett doesnt come, Arfield thinks twice, and Millar, Tabla etc also look a little harder at thier options.  Just for that I'll always be a big tesho fan.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars