Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So call up players who deserve it then? I hope that’s always the goal!

I agree but what I am saying is some of those dual nationals you never know because in the future what if they turn out to be really good capable players? Then if you are the Canadian Soccer Federation and you didn't call them when you had the chance you would be kicking yourselves. All I am saying is that the Federation needs to be proactive where they are concerned but not give call ups but more or less show that you are interested.

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

As someone who's followed this site since the early 2000's.

I truly believe the CSA has followed this site fairly closely for many, many years. As they should.

And if they do if they should here is hoping they take our posts into consideration

53 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

And if they do if they should here is hoping they take our posts into consideration

I'm sure they do (as much as is appropriate). I also hope they have locked down those burner accounts >.<

I think the biggest Dual National in question has to be Tabla from this World Cup announcement. Maybe this sways him our way. I noticed the Ivory Coast didn't vote for the United bid, clearly they knew that the 2026 WC is the key to landing Tabla

Also I believe Ballou was in Canada at the time of the World Cup announcement

Edited by Yoginess

Ballou Tabla right now is undecided on his future when it comes to playing for either Canada or Ivory Coast. I mean he was born in Ivory Coast so he would most likely play for them however since he has Canadian citizenship he is bound to play for us too. It all comes down to which federation gets to him first to call him up into their squad.

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No - he has already been asked to join up.  He has declined at this point. 

Which means no doubt he will most likely get called up by Ivory Coast considering he was born there so which other dual nationals does that leave that Canada can set their sights on?

8 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Which means no doubt he will most likely get called up by Ivory Coast considering he was born there so which other dual nationals does that leave that Canada can set their sights on?

Umm, with respect, there are at least a dozen threads around here that discuss these and other similar issues at obnoxious length. Lots for you to read and soak in, but keep the questions coming. 

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Is he any good? What club does he play for?

Funny enough he actually plays for Toronto FC believe it or not

However, he is an American too apparently since he has played for them at U-15 and U-17 level since he is 18 years old right now. However, Canada if they show interest they can actually get him to change his mind and play for Canada. I mean hey stranger things have happened.

He is actually eligible to play for the United States, Canada or even Nigeria. He has 3 countries to choose from.

3 hours ago, Yoginess said:

I'm sure they do (as much as is appropriate). I also hope they have locked down those burner accounts >.<

I think the biggest Dual National in question has to be Tabla from this World Cup announcement. Maybe this sways him our way. I noticed the Ivory Coast didn't vote for the United bid, clearly they knew that the 2026 WC is the key to landing Tabla

Also I believe Ballou was in Canada at the time of the World Cup announcement

Exactly!!...Based  on  his  IG account it seems  he is  in fact  in Québec again and like you and many other fellow V's I wonder what's gonna happen with him after this announcement  and given there is no guarantee  Côte D'Ivoire  will  make  it to 2 consecutive  WCs, u really gotta wonder...At least know he knows there is a high likelihood of  playing in a WC  as  one of the host nations...Will this be a motivator as you mention that will make him reconsider and sway our way?????... Interestingly, Herdman  brought him  up in his  conversations in Sportsnet  yesterday  in the Sid  & Tim show...

Well if you can cap-tie some of the dual nationals then Canada's future set up not just for 2022 but for 2026 would look good

Going to have to get used to it.  From now until the CPL starts I hope the number of posters on here doubles.  These are the fan "duals".  They like other leagues or other sports, but now they are all in for soccer in Canada.  Us old fogies might have been chanting in the 70's but we couldnt keep the old CSL alive, maybe the new generation of young excited fans can get the CPL off to a good start.  

22 hours ago, Tg11 said:

However, he is an American too apparently since he has played for them at U-15 and U-17 level since he is 18 years old right now. However, Canada if they show interest they can actually get him to change his mind and play for Canada. I mean hey stranger things have happened.

He is actually eligible to play for the United States, Canada or even Nigeria. He has 3 countries to choose from.

This has been discussed at length in a previous thread, love your enthusiasm but you’re spitting out garbage...

CMNT know who he is, he attended a youth camp, he then accepted USA invites after being pushed that way by TFC.... he has declined multiple invited and callups from Canada 

• 1 month later...
  • Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars