Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

re Ferdi, I wonder if the info we got ... Netherlands or Turkey was from last fall when JH was asked about him prior to our match vs the US @ BMO.  Very difficult at this age to predict who  on that list will rise to the top. Could certainly turn out to be Theo or Yankov over Ferdi

2 hours ago, CANMNT_SUPERFAN said:

Also forgot to mention Aviv Solomon, although he technically did agree to a call-up back in Mar. Any  updates on him?

This is Keyser Soze agent driven rumour stuff. Nobody called him up.  Have been asking around a bit and as best I can tell nobody in Herdman’s staff has ever heard of this guy let alone called him into a camp. Happen to proven wrong about this but I might as well hire an agent to announce that I was also called up for the March window lol

25 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

This is Keyser Soze agent driven rumour stuff. Nobody called him up.  Have been asking around a bit and as best I can tell nobody in Herdman’s staff has ever heard of this guy let alone called him into a camp. Happen to proven wrong about this but I might as well hire an agent to announce that I was also called up for the March window lol

Regardless of if he was or wasn't called up in March, if he's actually eligible for Canada we might as well bring him in we need all the help we can get at LB especially with the heavy schedule coming up.

Edited by Nate3322

IF..he was called, IF....he is actually interested and isnt using this as some agent move.  This could all be bogus and we are all worked up about him.  Wheels talked about most of the other guys we have been talking about but didnt mention him, makes me wonder.  Especially when Ferdiglou didnt seem to be at all interested in Canada and he was mentioned.  

17 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

Ferreira is off my wish list. He's delusional. I would rather we develop young guys who are proud to rep the flag, not some guy taking our calls for granted. Thats just me though..

I kinda agree with this. Look at the example of Steven Vitória. He is likely the most talented CB available to us but he doesn't seem to be a very important part of the team. He hasn't been with the team through his 20s in random Caribbean and Central American trips. The bonding and the relationships these players develop through all of these trips and games is a huge part of the chemistry they have on the field. 

8 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I kinda agree with this. Look at the example of Steven Vitória. He is likely the most talented CB available to us but he doesn't seem to be a very important part of the team. He hasn't been with the team through his 20s in random Caribbean and Central American trips. The bonding and the relationships these players develop through all of these trips and games is a huge part of the chemistry they have on the field. 

I can tell you that he went out with 14/15 other players to celebrate after the US victory last year.  There were at least 2/3 starters in that game that were not out celebrating with the team afterwards.  Some players may not have gone out and instead stayed in with family or other personal reasons.  But for a guy that grew up in the GTA, he probably could have went to spend time with family but instead chose to go out with a majority of the team.

21 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

No mention of Mitrovic, but I believe it has been mentioned he is friends with Corberneau. So with him committing I would believe that would be good motivation to play together.

Mitrovic already mentioned he was committing to Canada. He was on a podcast in June and discussed it. 

Edited by Strait Red

10 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Scott Arfield was not with the Canadian national team for a good part of his twenties, so I don’t get what your getting at with your Vitoria comments ?

13 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Scott Arfield was not with the Canadian national team for a good part of his twenties, so I don’t get what your getting at with your Vitoria comments ?

I am getting at the fact that bonding is important to team chemistry. Don't understand what you don't get. Maybe Arfield and Vitoria are able to create that bond in a short time. That can only be benficial.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, El Diego said:

The fact that people bring up Evan Bush (even if it is half joking) -- a 34 year old with zero reports of interest or eligibility in the NT who, if eligible, would be like 6th or 7th on the depth chart anyway (and probably never even called up due to age) never fails to confuse me.

I think @toontownman was being more facetious than anything else TBH lol.

• Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars