Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

17 hours ago, Offside said:

Well I guess when they are told there not fast big and strong , I guess that puts their confidence down and when they see all the players that Canada does pick majority fits that type of player they look for

Yeah, Larin's problem was that he wasn't big and strong enough...

I think Canada hosting or co-hosting 2026 will weight heavily on some of our players with dual citizenship and convince some to go after the Canadian citizenship.

If we get the co-hosting for 2026:

• Canada is qualified as Host or co-host
  • Playing in a world Cup is the dream of all soccer players and being picked on a National Team is the hardest thing to do
  • Making team Canada is easier than making team England, Portugal and so on.
  • Once Canada is announced as a co-host, I expect a lot of our boys to knock on Canada's door.
  • I expect a lot of our dual players to knock on Canada's door
  • why?
  • Because playing a World Cup match in your home country is the chance of a lifetime. 2026 will be their ONLY shot

In conclusion...Keep calm and carry on. 2020 when we're announced as co-hosts will be a new age in Canadian Soccer. All that talent (citizens, dual-citizens and immigrants seeking a Canadian Passport) will sign up for Canada.

Part of the US being this strong falls heavily on their ability to get talents playing in top leagues to sign up for USA and dual citizens to pick USA while immigrants also going after citizenship to play for Team USA. Canada track record in that regard has been very poor until Floro to some extend.

Canada  having WC 2026 games will be the catalyst for all those talents to commit to Canada to make the team, which is guaranteed to play games at home and in the World Cup.

I know you could say this at any given time, but imagine if Cristante, Ferreira, Tomori, etc all just snap decided for Canada. We'd have a starting XI which could include players playing in the EPL, Serie A, Braga, Besiktas, and a strong MLS contingent, including arguably the best striker in the league.

New manager. New players. New momentum. WINNING the Gold Cup as the goal...

Just sayin' :/

5 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I know you could say this at any given time, but imagine if Cristante, Ferreira, Tomori, etc all just snap decided for Canada. We'd have a starting XI which could include players playing in the EPL, Serie A, Braga, Besiktas, and a strong MLS contingent, including arguably the best striker in the league.

New manager. New players. New momentum. WINNING the Gold Cup as the goal...

Just sayin' :/

Ya'll think Adekugbe and Tomori are hanging out at all BnH? Becoming BFFs? Causing Tomori to wanna play with his BFF at a national team level?

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2018 at 1:05 AM, Footscray said:

The US seems to be picking off a lot of dual national youth players from the Canadian MLS clubs lately.  Kind crazy when they already have such a large network of clubs in the states, wonder if they are being tactical about it.

For some of them I’m really wondering how tho... like how the hell does that kid above have us citizenship and not ours... and like how do they find out about them so fast.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

For some of them I’m really wondering how tho... like how the hell does that kid above have us citizenship and not ours... and like how do they find out about them so fast.

Because  they  scout  them !!!!  Klinsmann started this,  he put in a policy to go after doing nationals specially in Germany ! 

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

perhaps MLS has a policy that the citizenships (including multiple) of all MLS  senior and youth players have to be declared and filed with the league. This would provide the USMNT with a database that is quickly accessible?

5 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Makes sense for them to go after US citizenship if that guarantees them being domestics in MLS, no?

21 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

15 hours ago, Keegan said:

It’s not like he just acquired us citizenship overnight one of his parents must be American. 

The USSDA records list him as playing for Snohomish United as a u14 player (who are based in Washington state). It's possible he only moved to Canada in the last couple years.

EDIT: After doing a bit of research it appears he was born in London to an English and American parent who moved to Canada in 2015. Bounced around youth clubs before getting a spot in the Whitecaps residency. Appears to have English, American, and Nigerian eligibility.

Edited by harrycoyster

10 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

We don’t even have scouts in our own country.

That needs to change !!! 

players  that we should be  scouting and  communicating with   Them constantly  right now !  

CB -  Ricardo Ferreira 

CB - Fikayo Tomori

W-  Ballou Tabla

M -  Stephen Eustáquio

W-  Tristan Jumeau

F/W- Ayo Akinola

LB- Cristián Gutiérrez

LB- Zohran Bassong

Next season I want to see Herdman   At their games and I want  to hear reports that he’s talking to just like Oz was doing. 

Edited by SpecialK

• Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars