Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

13 hours ago, matty said:

Also just to be that guy, Cristante's ties were stronger than tenuous iirc. He's visited Canada for family reasons a good number of times and apparently still does as of 2017.

I knew that Zambrano was working hard to recruit him but I thought I heard the connection was distant.  Basically that his father or grandfather was from Canada.  I actually had no idea that he was coming to Canada for family visits, etc.

Hearing that breaks my heart a little more ?

4 hours ago, Corazon said:

I knew that Zambrano was working hard to recruit him but I thought I heard the connection was distant.  Basically that his father or grandfather was from Canada.  I actually had no idea that he was coming to Canada for family visits, etc.

Hearing that breaks my heart a little more ?

Father is Canadian and I think his brother is living in BC - I know someone claiming to be his brother slammed Canada for not not calling duels when they are young

8C5769C4-1517-4EFF-9320-99B4E1B28857.jpeg

Edited by SpecialK

9 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Cristante still proud and not shy to say he’s Canadian -  come on voyageurs let’s put pressure on Victor to change the rules and we can try to get Bryan back ! ....

While pleased he's still actively promoting his Canadian roots, I think it's best to just accept he's not coming. Even if the rules were changed, he's managed to earn 6 caps for Italy, including a pair in official matches.

5 minutes ago, matty said:

While pleased he's still actively promoting his Canadian roots, I think it's best to just accept he's not coming. Even if the rules were changed, he's managed to earn 6 caps for Italy, including a pair in official matches.

It is a curious thought though. If the rules were too change, what would be our chances of changing his mind. With the lineup we have and we have the World Cup in 2026. Matty would you say 50/50 still ? If you were a betting man ?

4 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

It is a curious thought though. If the rules were too change, what would be our chances of changing his mind. With the lineup we have and we have the World Cup in 2026. Matty would you say 50/50 still ? If you were a betting man ?

i would say if it was possible, we have a 5% chance at best. italy was his dream, he's reached it and i think he'll fight to keep it for as long as possible.

6 minutes ago, matty said:

i would say if it was possible, we have a 5% chance at best. italy was his dream, he's reached it and i think he'll fight to keep it for as long as possible.

Your probably right and I don’t blame him at all! Good for him. Wish he made the squad this break. 

It’s clear now we need Tomori, Ferreira , Gutiérrez and Bassong ASAP! 

Just now, SpecialK said:

Your probably right and I don’t blame him at all! Good for him. Wish he made the squad this break. 

It’s clear now we need Tomori, Ferreira , Gutiérrez and Bassong ASAP! 

......Akinola would be nice too.  If only for more depth.

1 minute ago, Ivan said:

......Akinola would be nice too.  If only for more depth.

Ya I agree but we have a lot of strikers. Cavallini , Larin , Millar, David, Akindele, Ricketts, Haber and that’s just at the senior level. There are some young players coming like Perruzza, Bair, Hundal and others

2 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

As much as it hurts saying this it's time to move on from Bryan Cristante. But good thing he still proudly calls himself a Canadian! 

Yeah man it won't be the last. Win some lose some. Let's focus on the team we have, which is pretty good. It's just our back-line that worries me once we start playing stronger opponents. 

1 hour ago, Jmhutchinson said:

How comes Bryan Crisante is regarded as one who got away?

Born and raised in Italy, played youth level for Italy all the way from U16 to full international, 

Has a passport through his father

How is he regarded as a Canadian?

3 simple reasons 

1- cuz he could have been  arguably Canada’s best midfielder right now. 

2- he’s more connected to Canada then just a passport. He has been to Canada plenty of times, his brother lives in BC 

3- he says and  promotes he’s CANADIAN !

33 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

3 simple reasons 

1- cuz he could have been  arguably Canada’s best midfielder right now. 

2- he’s more connected to Canada then just a passport. He has been to Canada plenty of times, his brother lives in BC 

3- he says and  promotes he’s CANADIAN !

This reminds me of what's her name telling everyone how proud she is of being Canadian while telling us her dream was always to play for the US. It's a little confusing to me.?

16 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Cristante still proud and not shy to say he’s Canadian -  come on voyageurs let’s put pressure on Victor to change the rules and we can try to get Bryan back ! 

Lol, at the expense of opening up the huge floodgate of losing all our currently cap tied players that are eligible for other countries? 

27 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Lol, at the expense of opening up the huge floodgate of losing all our currently cap tied players that are eligible for other countries? 

I understand the  The potential fear , do you think players would jump ship though,  We have a really good  roster pool and great chance at making the World Cup 2022 and we have the World Cup in 2026. 

• Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars