Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

On 12/17/2022 at 9:52 PM, Footyeh said:

Markus Ferkranus will likely end up with Canada unless he has a 3rd citizenship I don't know about.  He won't be in the US team for much longer, could even be phased out ahead of the U20 world cup.  

Carlos Leatherman at Minnesota is an interesting RB who will likely sign a 1st team contract in the near future, would have been nice to see him with the Canada U20's this year but opportunity missed.

Jack Kortkamp, a 2008 GK from Sporting KC who's been with US U15's is a Canadian.

Columbus Crew apparently have a top 2008 that is also Canadian named Isaac Tortola.  

Orlando City have a 2008 LB that is a tri-national of Canada, US and Ecuador I think.

Lets hope these kida pan out first before we start worrying. Thats why I think it is so,so,  so  crucial that we have thee youth Camps  to evaluate these guys  The CSA is missing the ball here.

1 hour ago, gigi riva said:

Lets hope these kida pan out first before we start worrying. Thats why I think it is so,so,  so  crucial that we have thee youth Camps  to evaluate these guys  The CSA is missing the ball here.

Absolutely agree.  Even the boys in Europe, there's a massive difference between youth and senior football.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sebdeserio said:

I'd rather call up Zator than a 31 year old walking red card. Don't see the point in calling him up especially since he'd just be a stopgap.

Camacho is a great passer if we continue using a 3 man at the back.

A great option with Vitoria when we play 2 games in 4 days.

I wish we had the luxury to snub him, but reality is we don't.  This guy definitely has some quality, but can be so boneheadedly thick, a loose cannon, a ticking time bomb, they all apply.  But he does have skill.  Never seen him put the teams need before his own temper and/or stupidity.  I doubt he's pass Herdman's mind tests.

I'd rather see somone else develop, but we don't have many options and he does bring something we don't quite have at the moment.  Good replacement for Vitoria if injured and he's quicker and tougher.  Huge plus is he also knows Miller really well, that's a nice perk.

2 hours ago, Vasi said:

I rather call up Smith then a 31 yo that has no chance to make the 26 roster.  Maybe if he was 25 , why not. 

Well we have a lot of important games until ‘26 so if he can help us in the interim (which he can IMO), then I’m all for it. Plus I wouldn’t say he has “no chance” to help us in ‘26.

He’s improved quite a bit the last few years too - he’s good enough to help our backline

15 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Well we have a lot of important games until ‘26 so if he can help us in the interim (which he can IMO), then I’m all for it. Plus I wouldn’t say he has “no chance” to help us in ‘26.

He’s improved quite a bit the last few years too - he’s good enough to help our backline

Sure. You make some good points.

I rather us go younger in the back and bring up players that can be potentially better and be integral parts of the team long term. There are some good yonge kids in mls academies that look promising as well. 

I agree with most when saying we should go younger, but adding a depth player like this will definitely make us stronger so I’m all for it

Vitoria started for us very late in his career and it worked out great for us, let’s hope the same with Rudy 

one question : how long does it take to apply for a passport after receiving permanent residency? 

11 hours ago, Bikerack said:

I agree with most when saying we should go younger, but adding a depth player like this will definitely make us stronger so I’m all for it

Vitoria started for us very late in his career and it worked out great for us, let’s hope the same with Rudy 

one question : how long does it take to apply for a passport after receiving permanent residency? 

Last year?  A long time.

12 hours ago, Bikerack said:

If he has met his other requirements (time in canada 3/5 of the last 5 years) he might be able to put his citizenship paperwork in ASAP.  But as Ottawafan is hinting at, the backlog is enormous, who knows though... maybe someone at CF Montreal or CSA might be able to expedite it??  

Government website says that the current wait is 23 months, so Rudy might be able to play for us in January '25.

I know you're able to speed up your PR application if you can prove it's time sensitive, I'm not sure if that applies to citizenship too. That said, having your local MP office call Immigration Canada has a magical way of slashing through a ton of red tape, and being that politicians love soccer players, and Quebec loves our French emigrants, he might be able to have this expedited.

The more the merrier!

But the father of the brotherhood doesn’t seem like “this” player would be of interest to him.

His focus seems more on the young prospects, and we’ll never know since the media outlets will never ask the interesting questions. 

Edited by Shway

19 hours ago, Bison44 said:

If he has met his other requirements (time in canada 3/5 of the last 5 years) he might be able to put his citizenship paperwork in ASAP.  But as Ottawafan is hinting at, the backlog is enormous, who knows though... maybe someone at CF Montreal or CSA might be able to expedite it??  

From what I understand the backlog has been cleared.