Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

20 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Holy molely, you would think Julian would know enough to keep his mouth shut.  Him saying a relative wants to play for canada is damn near the kiss of death.  

Does his Nephew have a CDN citizenship? Didn't Jono renounce his Canadian citizenship in order to gain a Dutch passport?

57 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

what do you mean?

Basically he wasn’t invited to and allowed to try out for the U-17 team because he wasn’t a part of the whitecaps.

For some reason they are only looking at the Whitecaps academy in BC and CF MTL in Quebec.

my understanding is that this kid is amongst the best in NA for his age and would make the U-17 team.

50 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Basically he wasn’t invited to and allowed to try out for the U-17 team because he wasn’t a part of the whitecaps.

For some reason they are only looking at the Whitecaps academy in BC and CF MTL in Quebec.

my understanding is that this kid is amongst the best in NA for his age and would make the U-17 team.

Immanuel Mathe?

Markus Ferkranus will likely end up with Canada unless he has a 3rd citizenship I don't know about.  He won't be in the US team for much longer, could even be phased out ahead of the U20 world cup.  

Carlos Leatherman at Minnesota is an interesting RB who will likely sign a 1st team contract in the near future, would have been nice to see him with the Canada U20's this year but opportunity missed.

Jack Kortkamp, a 2008 GK from Sporting KC who's been with US U15's is a Canadian.

Columbus Crew apparently have a top 2008 that is also Canadian named Isaac Tortola.  

Orlando City have a 2008 LB that is a tri-national of Canada, US and Ecuador I think.

8 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Markus Ferkranus will likely end up with Canada unless he has a 3rd citizenship I don't know about.  He won't be in the US team for much longer, could even be phased out ahead of the U20 world cup.  

Carlos Leatherman at Minnesota is an interesting RB who will likely sign a 1st team contract in the near future, would have been nice to see him with the Canada U20's this year but opportunity missed.

Jack Kortkamp, a 2008 GK from Sporting KC who's been with US U15's is a Canadian.

Columbus Crew apparently have a top 2008 that is also Canadian named Isaac Tortola.  

Orlando City have a 2008 LB that is a tri-national of Canada, US and Ecuador I think.

Is Ferkranus being phased out because he isn’t that good or because there’s others who are better ?

as for Tortola I assume he’s Canadian American ? Or is he just Canadian ?

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Is Ferkranus being phased out because he isn’t that good or because there’s others who are better ?

The US crop of CBs only keeps getting better and at the moment they have a decent core of guys who will be around until 2030 even. 

Richards, McKenzie, EPB, CCV, Trusty and even younger prospects like Kobi Henry. It's not so much a phase out more that he has a lot of competition.

Ferkranus' issue is he isn't even breaking into the Galaxy bench.

Edited by VinceA

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Tortola was involved in a US I’d camp earlier this year

4 minutes ago, VinceA said:

The US crop of CBs only keeps getting better and at the moment they have a decent core of guys who will be around until 2030 even. 

Richards, McKenzie, EPB, CCV, Trusty and even younger prospects like Kobi Henry. It's not so much a phase out more that he has a lot of competition.

The other issue being he’s not at MTL, Van, or TFC….jk

11 minutes ago, VinceA said:

This makes sense and bodes well for us. He is easily our best CB prospect after the Campagna’s. Hopefully he turns out to be solid.

On 12/18/2022 at 12:52 AM, Footyeh said:

Luis Quinones is the kid at Orlando City I believe.  Someone on here recently mentioned he's supposed to be a very highly rated prospect for the US youth Program.  I thought he was Colombian but he could be Ecuadorian but I believe he was born in Canada and lived here during his childhood before heading down South.

24 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Luis Quinones is the kid at Orlando City I believe.  Someone on here recently mentioned he's supposed to be a very highly rated prospect for the US youth Program.  I thought he was Colombian but he could be Ecuadorian but I believe he was born in Canada and lived here during his childhood before heading down South.

That sounds familiar as does this story.

what birth year and how is he eligible so soon for a Us team ?

16 hours ago, Corazon said:

Considering how ultimately things go for most US prospects and the fact we are more willing to integrate young MLSers into our senior side than the US are he could very well end up playing for us. He could also have an affinity for Canada.

16 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

That sounds familiar as does this story.

what birth year and how is he eligible so soon for a Us team ?

He's a 2008.  Not sure how he is eligible for US youth programs.  Not sure if, its the same as Canada but he may have been living in USA for 3-5 years (like Ugbo in Canada for non-sporting reasons).  He may also have an American born parent.

Thinking about the USMNT in the next cycle, Aidan Morris is in a numbers game. There's the incumbent five, all of whom could be back. Then there's a big group of ..... 6-10 players competing to compete for similar spots. I'd put him around #11, behind the Euro contingent, just because They Have Euro or Euro-ish experience, but near the front of the MLS contingent. 

Wrong website. 

5 hours ago, One American said:

Thinking about the USMNT in the next cycle, Aidan Morris is in a numbers game. There's the incumbent five, all of whom could be back. Then there's a big group of ..... 6-10 players competing to compete for similar spots. I'd put him around #11, behind the Euro contingent, just because They Have Euro or Euro-ish experience, but near the front of the MLS contingent. 

6 hours ago, One American said:

We still don't know if Morris is eligible.