Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars

Dominic94

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The more I think about it, the more I actually think it's Andreas Vaikla.

Since his U21 (under 23) cap with Estonia in October, he didn't get the call to the senior team in either November or January.

Matvei Igonen was called over him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matvei_Igonen

So this means that Vaikla is viewed as 4th (or lower) on their depth chart. With Canada he may be behind Crépeau, Leutwiler, Borjan and Thomas but he can be first choice for the U23 Olympic Qualifying in October (with Busti as 2nd choice perhaps) and he has a decent chance of fighting his way to a roster spot for the WC in 2026.

Herdman said the player had played for a big country at youth level though, which Estonia isn't by any measure. It would be nice to see him switch eventually nonetheless.

Edited by Zem

2 Canadians in Liga MX!! A Canadian who calls Azteca home... 

With players in Scotland, Turkey and Mexico I don’t think we can worry too much about away atmospheres.

Damn it’s sad this guy is hurt though.. presumably this was filmed before his injury?  It would just be our luck that he has a career altering injury.

Just now, Keegan said:

2 Canadians in Liga MX!! A Canadian who calls Azteca home... 

With players in Scotland, Turkey and Mexico I don’t think we can worry too much about away atmospheres.

Damn it’s sad this guy is hurt though.. presumably this was filmed before his injury?  It would just be our luck that he has a career altering injury.

A year or two ago I would have agreed with you, but not now.  Brace yourself because we have well and truly turned a corner.  Our luck has changed and after years of tough sledding I think we are finally getting some well-deserved good bounces.  

24 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Picking 4-5 MF to start out of Eustaquio, Hutch, Arfield, Davies, Hoilett, Osorio, Piette, Tabla, and Kaye is a tough call!  Awesome decision to have to make though.

This midfield can compete in CONCACAF.

We have the Forwards (Millar, Cavallini, David, Larin)

We have the keeper (Borjan, hoping Crepeau dominates in Vancouver)

Next task --> Defense!

• Dominic94 changed the title to Canadian Dual Nationals 2.0 Edition, Chase for the 5 stars