CONCACAF Nations League

1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

As a more recent member what was so memorable about him

He was a massive douche, would comment and just troll every topic and overtake the thread. Then he would get deleted and make a new profile and change his name slightly lol. 

24 minutes ago, Weng said:

Who is this Robert guy?  Going through some of the posts he has made and I'm truly baffled if he's actually being serious.  And if he is... Yikes!

He's an author. No shit. He wrote a book about an aboriginal soccer player in BC in the early 1900's named Harry Manson.

• 8 months later...

The draw for the next phase will be March 27th in Las Vegas.

We will then know our matches for the Fall international windows (and March 2020 too).

http://www.laprensa.com.ni/2019/03/08/deportes/2531337-seleccion-de-futbol-ya-sabe-cuando-conocera-rivales-de-la-liga-de-naciones-concacaf

EDIT:

I must be going blind! All this is being talked about in the other thread!

Apologies for bumping this one!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Sorry for the crazy thread bump. But Greenland has officially applied for FIFA status and would join concacaf. 

When I searched Greenland on here I got the most hits on this thread 😂 

Saw that earlier today on the MLS subreddit. Many people pointing out how absurd travel would be, but also how cool Nuuk would be to visit.

image.png.18b67510bb7c36d21db21211d1b4c50a.png

Big Newfoundland vibes to be honest. We can do a home and away series with them and play at KGV :)

image.png.36a581e64ad8a6de37ece85d915b0bb3.png

Or something a little more scenic:

image.png

I haven't checked to see if it's on OneSoccer (was watching the Oilers, now about to go to bed) but Honduras is playing Curacao right now. Curacao is up 1-0, which I think is ideal for us. If Curacao wins we remain 3 points back of 1st place with 2 games in hand. If there is a draw we are 4 points behind Honduras, and obviously Honduras winning would be the worst case scenario with them a perfect 6 points out of a possible 6.

Obviously the big game today is Canada vs Curacao. The other game of some interest (to me at least) is Panama vs Martinique. My preference would be to have Martinique relegated (because they aren't a FIFA nation, and I'm a numbers nerd that is interested in FIFA rankings even though they won't actually matter for Canada for over 4 years in all likelihood), so I'm cheering for Panama in this one.

15 minutes ago, Kent said:

Obviously the big game today is Canada vs Curacao. The other game of some interest (to me at least) is Panama vs Martinique. My preference would be to have Martinique relegated (because they aren't a FIFA nation, and I'm a numbers nerd that is interested in FIFA rankings even though they won't actually matter for Canada for over 4 years in all likelihood), so I'm cheering for Panama in this one.

I always cheer against the non-FIFA teams as well. Martinique always seem to stick around, though this time they are probably going down.

9 hours ago, Kent said:

I was happy to see Panama win for this exact reason. Hopefully Martinique drops to League B. It would be nice if either Cuba or Antigua and Barbuda could win their group and prevent Guadeloupe from being promoted to League A. French Guiana looks to be in a pretty good position so far, but we'll see. Maybe we'll only have 1 non-FIFA country in League A again next time.

If Canada actually manages to win Nations League, just imagine what that does for our program even more. Especially given none of the guys have won anything on the international stage for Canada and if we win our first major trophy since the 2000 Gold Cup then that would help us tremendously as far as momentum heading into the 2023 Gold Cup and ultimately 2026 FIFA World Cup.