CONCACAF Nations League

31 minutes ago, Zem said:

They missed the deadline for the qualifying tournament, so they could still play in the inaugural Nations League, they'd just start in League C by default.

Yes, that's an important clarification.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:15 PM, jtpc said:

Not sure where the CSA wants to hold our October 16 match vs. Dominica, but if it's Toronto, there's no conflict with the Argos schedule as they play October 12 and October 20. From that perspective, an October match at BMO works, as does the listed 7 pm ET start time. Knowing that the October matches are between the 11th and 16th, and that the Argos play on the 12th, maybe that's why October 16 was chosen as our match day so that BMO Field would work as a venue?

Argos at BMO Field on October 12 and 20. Whitecaps at BC Place on October 17 (and BC Lions on October 19).

BMO Field presumably. I'd assume with the run-up to 2026, that there won't be many home games outside of the 3 world cup venues, and not many that aren't on grass. Though I guess it's a bit early for that.

With winter, perhaps March 26 is a more likely date to see a game going to Vancouver. On the other hand, if we need to win that game, perhaps it makes more sense to inflict BMO on them. Though presumably they don't have to make that decision until after we see the results of the first two matches.

Would be cool to use the CPL cities as venues for this one-time qualifying round.

It would also be cool to pick one, maybe two locations where the team can call home, so that we fully exploit our home field benefits through gaining familiarity with our surroundings.

The team will get support no matter where we play, but getting use to new surfaces and new surroundings does not help us. Maybe we can sacrafice that for the sake of marketing the team around the country a bit, considering the weakness of our opponents, but we must take maximum points - shouldn't we do all we can to ensure maximum advantage? 

On 6/18/2018 at 1:16 PM, nfitz said:

Argos at BMO Field on October 12 and 20. Whitecaps at BC Place on October 17 (and BC Lions on October 19).

BMO Field presumably. I'd assume with the run-up to 2026, that there won't be many home games outside of the 3 world cup venues, and not many that aren't on grass. Though I guess it's a bit early for that.

With winter, perhaps March 26 is a more likely date to see a game going to Vancouver. On the other hand, if we need to win that game, perhaps it makes more sense to inflict BMO on them. Though presumably they don't have to make that decision until after we see the results of the first two matches.

I doubt they’ll completely do this until closer to 2026.

2026 FIFA World Cup venues so far are Olympic Stadium (Montreal), BMO Field (Toronto) and Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton). However as far as those venues are concerned in the next 8 years especially in the build up/run up to Canada-USA-Mexico 2026 you're right I don't think that there will be much home games for TFC or even Montreal Impact. I mean it is not surprising given that the World Cup will probably take precedence over the MLS season as far as the Impact and TFC go. They would most likely play on the road to accommodate that.

57 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

2026 FIFA World Cup venues so far are Olympic Stadium (Montreal), BMO Field (Toronto) and Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton). However as far as those venues are concerned in the next 8 years especially in the build up/run up to Canada-USA-Mexico 2026 you're right I don't think that there will be much home games for TFC or even Montreal Impact. I mean it is not surprising given that the World Cup will probably take precedence over the MLS season as far as the Impact and TFC go. They would most likely play on the road to accommodate that.

You’ve already posted this exact comment in a another thread and neither actually mention the topic at hand.

Why did no one tell me when I joined that there was an award for posting the most posts with the least intellectual property?  I could have ruled that!

Seriously I appreciate that new people are coming on here as I once did, but please think before you post.  And read the thread so you can offer a fresh perspective or challenge a thought. 

These constant non-sensical posts are making me regret my obsession with this site.

1 hour ago, Club Linesman said:

Why did no one tell me when I joined that there was an award for posting the most posts with the least intellectual property?  I could have ruled that!

Seriously I appreciate that new people are coming on here as I once did, but please think before you post.  And read the thread so you can offer a fresh perspective or challenge a thought. 

These constant non-sensical posts are making me regret my obsession with this site.

This is what the ignore feature is designed for.  

3 hours ago, admin said:

Just leave him for a while.  Adjustment phase... It's nice to see someone more excited to post than cynical... ;)

Sure benefit of the doubt and all that but when a large group of supporters are calling you on your idiocy, take note and act accordingly.  His posts are sucking the will to read the forum out of me (and others I assume) and in the end that type of involvement isn’t worth the cost.  Tg11 please read the threads and offer some insight in future!

Re: tg11

I'm imagining a Douglas-Adams-ish futuristic novel where the collected posts of tg11 are canonized and revered for their paradoxical truthiness and absurdist clairvoyeurism.  Future devotees of the CANMNT religion, borne of years of faith without reward, scour the pages and pages of His Words (all submitted during a brief 2-week period of Divine Revelation) seeking and finding the answers to questions they never knew were important, and then immediately finding the diametrically opposed answer to the same question.  Herein lies the power of His Words, and all are in awe.

9 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

mister215guy or whatever his name was.

PolishLynx the scarf bandit followed by the cap king Luis..(all joking aside) Winnepg Fury, Mimiglo, Current_Champ, SeanKean, Kegan, Jamie, Sigma from the CPSL board, DRjr, jpg, Jarret, Tyler, harrycoy, minorsoccer and many more. All these gents tend to add value w their post..

tg11 and the other young bulls, pay attention...don’t pollute with effortless thoughts. Add value!!

Edited by hamiltonfan