Daniel Stanese

Grizzly

I think he deserves his own thread. He seems to have won a starting position with Aalen now, who are currently in 3rd place in the 3rd Bundesliga. He has started the last 4 games, sometimes as a defensive midfielder and sometimes in a more offensive role. He can also play centre back. Kicker has given him quite high ratings in the first 3 games, twice getting 3 (good) and once 2 (very good). The rankings are not out for the 4th game yet. At present Aalen is in a promotion playoff spot but since they started a bankruptcy proceeding this year it may be hard to promote because 9 points will be deducted at the end of the season. They are appealing the point deduction though probably on the grounds that their bankruptcy was caused by a sponsor's bankruptcy not overspending. Earlier this month he also signed a contract extension with the team until summer 2018, he had only signed a one year contract this year. Aalen's sporting director said: "Daniel has developed well in the last weeks and performed convincingly in the games up to now. We still see more potential in him to develop and are happy to be able to include him in our plans for next season". He would be a good candidate for a Gold Cup call up.

When I did my little depth chart in Future of the CanMNT thread, I mentioned that there's a lot of room to shoot up quickly. Stanese is defintiely one of the guys I had in mind. If he could hold this level and move up a league, then CB starts to look a little less desperate. Looks like he has good feet and ball control. 

3 hours ago, One American said:

When I did my little depth chart in Future of the CanMNT thread, I mentioned that there's a lot of room to shoot up quickly. Stanese is defintiely one of the guys I had in mind. If he could hold this level and move up a league, then CB starts to look a little less desperate. Looks like he has good feet and ball control. 

He has been playing as midfielder though not as CB.

He received a 3 (good) rating from Kicker in the game from this weekend (Corbin-Ong received slightly lower, 3.5 still not bad). Stanese starting his first 4 games and receiving such good ratings from Kicker who rate pretty hard is both surprising and encouraging.

Edited by Grizzly

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

His team 1. Fc Energie Cottbus relegated last season and he's been training with them in preseason. They've offered him a contract, but he hasn't signed it (yet). He has been playing for them though and is considered a major signing in their quest for promotion this season. Their first game is upcoming Saturday. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

It says here https://www.lr-online.de/sport/energie-cottbus/neue-luecke-im-kader-daniel-stanese-sagt-energie-cottbus-ab_aid-44330049 he declined their offer. I guess he was unhappy with the money and is looking out for a shot a D3, or better offer from D4 but that's a longshot to be honest. 

Translated from the article:

"The 25-year-old Canadian has now rejected this contract offer. "In financial terms, no agreement was possible, although we have presented Daniel Stanese in our opinion, a very good offer," said coach Claus-Dieter Wollitz..."

Well, the club sound a bit of a mess, they have 16 outfield players, and are bent on spending very little money; twenty players left the club after relegation. Stanese scored a goal and was apparently a standout in a friendly vs a Latvian side the weekend before. 

Hopefully he is just fully recovered and aware that he can easily find a better scenario than this one. Heck the Whitecaps could probably use him on their sinking ship, for one.

Edit: Energie Cottbus  won their first league match 3-1 on Saturday.

Edited by nolando

• 5 months later...