Octavio Zambrano

RJB

I havnt seen one report that actually had any real details as to what happened.  Lots of rumors, lots of people on the inside saying it was coming etc.  But he sure as heck didnt clear anything up after he left either.  Weird shit on his expense account?? Vacations that he took on CSA bill disguised as scouting trips???  He wanted to shake things up and said so...he didnt get fired for anything related to on the field results.  

He did start the conversations with Cristante and Ferreira ( in his prime). He changed the way we played football. He had the balls to say we need to play against the big boys. Herdman took over a team that was ready to rock ! And Oz was part of change. He brought in a bunch new players into the program, he got Cavallini back ! Had the youth tournament in Qatar where they kick ass. 

Ok Oz was a slimy guy for sure ! But he challenged the CSA. He deserves some credit for our success. 

He was Victor’s guy and Victor left and Reed wanted herdman to stay. 

39 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

He did start the conversations with Cristante and Ferreira ( in his prime). He changed the way we played football. He had the balls to say we need to play against the big boys. Herdman took over a team that was ready to rock ! And Oz was part of change. He brought in a bunch new players into the program, he got Cavallini back ! Had the youth tournament in Qatar where they kick ass. 

Ok Oz was a slimy guy for sure ! But he challenged the CSA. He deserves some credit for our success. 

Never liked this guy Reed, he was disingenuous and I am being polite.

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

There is 0 evidence of sliminess, you should retract that. 

If you think wanting to shake up the provincial structure, youth coaching and development across the board is slimy, or is unethical because it costs money, then we disagree. 

There were only insinuations after the fact but neither the CSA nor Octavio have told the whole story. 

Well he did promise a press conference with details, that never happen. He said some stuff on Twitter but never backed it up. That’s slimy. If you got shit on the CSA we need to know. 

But the CSA is super slimy and filled with most useless people on the face of the earth. That would screw up a one car funeral and filled with yes man and old boys club ( old University professors). Me personally I think it’s a bit of both. But if Herdman didn’t force the CSA by threatening to leave I bet Oz would have lasted abit longer. Herdman should get most the blame here but we treat him like the seconding coming of Football Jesus. What he did was shady and total power move gangster shit To a bunch of old fucks. 

14 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Well he did promise a press conference with details, that never happen. He said some stuff on Twitter but never backed it up. That’s slimy. If you got shit on the CSA we need to know. 

But the CSA is super slimy and filled with most useless people on the face of the earth. That would screw up a one car funeral and filled with yes man and old boys club ( old University professors). Me personally I think it’s a bit of both. But if Herdman didn’t force the CSA by threatening to leave I bet Oz would have lasted abit longer. Herdman should get most the blame here but we treat him like the seconding coming of Football Jesus. What he did was shady and total power move gangster shit To a bunch of old fucks. 

I appreciate what you are saying. I also agree that Herdman made a dirty move against a colleague in the same organization. It was backstabbing, regardless of the way things have played out. 

But Octavio promising a reveal then biting his tongue is not slimy. I think there are two things. First, leave with elegance and don't take pot shots. Which I believe in in general when coaches are fired. He chose to not do that press conference. Then, his release and severance may have requested this, and if he signed it, he honoured it. 

However I think about things, Octavio has not done great things since, he's a competent pro coach but none of his jobs since have been anywhere near the level of coaching Canada. 

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

However I think about things, Octavio has not done great things since, he's a competent pro coach but none of his jobs since have been anywhere near the level of coaching Canada. 

I do find it interesting that no other national like would reach out to him. Now maybe they did and he said no. But For me if was a island nation or Central American nation I would take a shot at him, if he wasn’t sketchy. 
 Michael Findlay got hired by a island nation. Personally I thought he did a good job with Canada and as an assistant  and caretaker coach.  

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

That's how it went down? I thought it was more like:

JH: Hi old fucks, I got a job in England.

CSA: Wait, what?!

JH: Yeah, there's not much more I can do with the women's team; I'm going to try my luck back home.

CSA:...what if we gave you the men's job? Like we talked about before?

JH: I'm listening...

Still not great, but less damning that what is suggested here.

7 hours ago, SpecialK said:

You know you're speculating about what happened behind closed doors. I could just as easily tell you that CSA didn't like what Oz was doing and wanted him out. They approached JH. He thought it over and figured it's great for the women's game if I bring these male jabronis to the World Cup and it's also great for my career. You have as much proof of your scenario as I do mine.

But one thing is for sure. OZ has gone on to do diddly squat whereas JH has become the only manager to bring a women's and a man's squad to the WC and he did it by organizing a very dysfunctional and listless men's team. The squad was so dysfunctional that many of the veterans on this very team had to be cajoled and begged to give it one more try. And if memory serves me the women.s team was in shambles when he took it over.

So I for one will not waste any time trying to figure out what happened and hope that Herdman stays with our program and maybe in the future heads the CSA.

Edited by Sal333

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

You know you're speculating about what happened behind closed doors. I could just as easily tell you that CSA didn't like what Oz was doing and wanted him out. They approached JH. He thought it over and figured it's great for the women's game if I bring these male jabronis to the World Cup and it's also great for my career. You have as much proof of your scenario as I do mine.

But one thing is for sure. OZ has gone on to do diddly squat whereas JH has become the only manager to bring a women's and a man's squad to the WC and he did it by organizing a very dysfunctional and listless men's team. The squad was so dysfunctional that many of the veterans on this very team had to be cajoled and begged to give it one more try. And if memory serves me the women.s team was in shambles when he took it over.

So I for one will not waste any time trying to figure out what happened and hope that Herdman stays with our program and maybe in the future heads the CSA.

Morace left the team after the 2011WC, which was dissapointing (SInclairs nose) didnt help. We had beaten mexico to top CONCACAF, our ranking was up (top 5?), we still had the best player in the world and eventually we would host the next womens WC, all of which Herdman inherited.  The Morace leaving was the same fight with CSA over equal compensation the old boy network, shitty governance with the coach trying to change things.  Sound familiar???   Except she resigned after not getting the changes the program needed.  The same shit happens on Herdmans watch, he is shy around the cameras for the first time in his life, games get cancelled in protest, CSA loses millions, we look like idiots and he skips through like he is coated in teflon.  

The mythology around him is amazing.  Sometimes I think if a rumor came out he floated down the nile in a basket half of this board would believe it.  

38 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Morace left the team after the 2011WC, which was dissapointing (SInclairs nose) didnt help. We had beaten mexico to top CONCACAF, our ranking was up (top 5?), we still had the best player in the world and eventually we would host the next womens WC, all of which Herdman inherited.  The Morace leaving was the same fight with CSA over equal compensation the old boy network, shitty governance with the coach trying to change things.  Sound familiar???   Except she resigned after not getting the changes the program needed.  The same shit happens on Herdmans watch, he is shy around the cameras for the first time in his life, games get cancelled in protest, CSA loses millions, we look like idiots and he skips through like he is coated in teflon.  

The mythology around him is amazing.  Sometimes I think if a rumor came out he floated down the nile in a basket half of this board would believe it.  

Also pretty wild to speculate the CSA approached Herdman when we all know he held a gun to the CSA's head

So… give me the mens team or I manage English Women’s team, I have an offer. That’s some real gangster shit. But hey he’s Canada Football Jesus when he’s inherited the best team Canada‘s ever produced. Herdman is a gangster! Look at the Arfield controversy. Arfield didn’t like the new age of coaching and was about old school ways. Well he got pushed out because he challenged herdman, when he said this is how it’s done. Herdman creates the botherhood and they push out Arfield. When Jr. did that Twitter thing Herdman did not come out and say that was wrong and Arfield is hurt. Jason De Vos disappears  and Steve Caldwell comes in and then randomly leaves ?  And now Jason back. Herdman has put his friends in coaching roles who have no business coaching like CSA Peter griffin. 

herdman’s gangster move paid off for him and yes we got to the World Cup. I’m curious what happens when he leaves and he will leave. 

Edited by SpecialK

53 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

So… give me the mens team or I manage English Women’s team, I have an offer. That’s some real gangster shit. But hey he’s Canada Football Jesus when he’s inherited the best team Canada‘s ever produced. Herdman is a gangster! Look at the Arfield controversy. Arfield didn’t like the new age of coaching and was about old school ways. Well he got pushed out because he challenged herdman, when he said this is how it’s done. Herdman creates the botherhood and they push out Arfield. When Jr. did that Twitter thing Herdman did not come out and say that was wrong and Arfield is hurt. Jason De Vos disappears  and Steve Caldwell comes in and then randomly leaves ?  And now Jason back. Herdman has put his friends in coaching roles who have no business coaching like CSA Peter griffin. 

herdman’s gangster move paid off him and yes we got to the World Cup. I’m curious what happens when he leaves and he will leave. 

We go back to OZ 😁

13 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I do find it interesting that no other national like would reach out to him. Now maybe they did and he said no. But For me if was a island nation or Central American nation I would take a shot at him, if he wasn’t sketchy. 
 Michael Findlay got hired by a island nation. Personally I thought he did a good job with Canada and as an assistant  and caretaker coach.  

Players in BC were begging for 20 years to get rid of Michael Findley from the CSA and Provincial Teams..

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

herdman’s gangster move paid off him and yes we got to the World Cup. I’m curious what happens when he leaves and he will leave. 

If all Herdman did was kick out Caldwell, then give that man a raise and an extension.

20 hours ago, Bison44 said:

You conveniently omit that we finished last in that WC. Also, after Morace was gone I can remember reading loads of interviews with the women players bemoaning Morace's coaching. None of them complained about the CSA when they had ample reason to do so. So how bad was Morace's coaching?

As for the same shit happening during Herdman's watch well, there's a difference. Morace not only laid an egg, she destroyed the morale of the team.  As for Herdman with the same CSA he brought results to both the men's and women's squads. Unless, you're implying that Herdman is responsible for the shitstorm created by the CSA.

33 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

You conveniently omit that we finished last in that WC. Also, after Morace was gone I can remember reading loads of interviews with the women players bemoaning Morace's coaching. None of them complained about the CSA when they had ample reason to do so. So how bad was Morace's coaching?

As for the same shit happening during Herdman's watch well, there's a difference. Morace not only laid an egg, she destroyed the morale of the team.  As for Herdman with the same CSA he brought results to both the men's and women's squads. Unless, you're implying that Herdman is responsible for the shitstorm created by the CSA.

Some could say the women couldn’t handle a tough coach and needed a new age coach that would baby them and everything is happy planet world all day long. Also by the way herdman and women’s did nothing in the world cups and you could argue that the Olympic medals that we won should be to take with a grain of salt because not all top teams were there competing.

16 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Some could say the women couldn’t handle a tough coach and needed a new age coach that would baby them and everything is happy planet world all day long. Also by the way herdman and women’s did nothing in the world cups and you could argue that the Olympic medals that we won should be to take with a grain of salt because not all top teams were there competing.

I don't think you can "take with a grain of salt" an Olympic Gold medal where they beat 3 of the top 10 ranked teams in the knockout stage.