June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the Impact / Whitecaps Voyageurs Cup game, Perry Solkowski mentioned that both Patrice Bernier and Maxime Crepeau have been invited to that camp. 

UPDATE: Looks like the CSA have an article up confirming the same. Note the "at least two Montreal based players" in the first paragraph.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/patrice-bernier-back-in-canada-colours-for-gold-cup-send-off-in-montr-al-p160807-preview-1

I gotta say, I did not see Bernier putting on the maple leaf again. Still think the program should be looking past those in their last year of pro soccer, but it is hard to argue against his form

11 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I hope there's some real surprises, and by surprises I don't mean Lefeverve 

All things considered despite the unwanted media attention and very limited playing time this season Lefevre did play a very good game last night and made the most of the 20 odd minutes when he was subbed on. He didn't waste any balls, was calm when he had it, made solid passes and crosses to their target one in the offensive box, had 2 attacking opportunities from set plays and also nullified a counter attack 1v1 in the 90min. Couldn't ask for a better performance considering all the drama of late plus losing his spot to Fischer. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the call. 

I'm a little concerned Tabla and AJH won't be selected for the friendly. Why reveal Bernier and Crepeau if other Impact players are also to be included? Wouldn't they just release the names of all Impact players who'll participate or none at all? Seems like a strange way to go about it if indeed there are more to be selected. At this point AJH and Tabla are more key for the Impact than Bernier (MTL have good central mid depth), so is Zambrano in the middle of negotiating their release with the club?

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

At this point AJH and Tabla are more key for the Impact than Bernier (MTL have good central mid

Which is exactly why MTL don't want them released for a friendly

54 minutes ago, One American said:

So they would rather have soon-to-retire Bernier than Tabla in? 

Bad move. 

No.... They want Tabla in but Tabla might not want us. 

10 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Probably why they're waiting til halftime of the second leg VW IMFC to announce the team to sell tickets. 

You know ...he didn't look that bad...and has been playing better than Dixon.

2 hours ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Surely Bernier is a Testimonial-like thing right?

I think so. He's retiring and I figure the CSA wanted to give him a nice goodbye. It's nice. He might still go to the Gold Cup but this is his goodbye game and he's done well so far this year so it's earned regardless

12 hours ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Surely Bernier is a Testimonial-like thing right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's at the GC as well, he still start for MTL and brings a lot of leadership, especially if Hutch officially retires internationally, though I hope that doesn't happen.

Archived