June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

Longtime lurker, first time poster. 

I just bought 2 tickets for my first CMNT match and will be coming from Brampton. I'm a TFC fan but won't wear the kit to Saputo stadium since they're not playing. 

How many people are going from Toronto area? 

Are there any hookups/group deals for cheap hotel or motel rates?

Where is good place to buy CMNT kit in the GTA?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Juan said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster. 

I just bought 2 tickets for my first CMNT match and will be coming from Brampton. I'm a TFC fan but won't wear the kit to Saputo stadium since they're not playing. 

How many people are going from Toronto area? 

Are there any hookups/group deals for cheap hotel or motel rates?

Where is good place to buy CMNT kit in the GTA?

In2sports on Orfus Rd in Toronto near Yorkdale Mall 

On 09/04/2017 at 9:36 AM, MtlMario said:

It's not only the same color thing. Wearing different teams and sports jerseys just seem strange to me, nothing more than that.(sorry for late response,just got back from vacation).

Is it just a jersey thing? What about hats? My baseball style cap is TFC, but my toque is Manchester United. So if it's warm my head will be sporting TFC gear, if it's cold my head will be sporting Manchester United gear, regardless of whether I'm going to a TFC game, a Man U game, or to work, groceries, etc.

I think when it comes to hats and gloves, those are okay. I don't speak for everyone though, but I imagine we are a reasonable lot here. Things like coats, jerseys, the bigger items if you will, should be red if possible, and should not be TFC merchandise, ideally.

On 4/11/2017 at 6:05 PM, farrelld said:

What's going to happen with the bell in 114?

The 1642 regulars (section 114 in Saputo Stadium) have told us that they have bought their tickets for the game in 114 as usual and say they will have the bell for the Canada game. No confirmation or denial from Canada Soccer so it seems it will likely be the case. I think it would be bad PR if Canada Soccer tried to remove it. Maybe if it was a WCQ, FIFA would ban it but I can't see it being an issue for a friendly.

Being on the opposite end of the pitch from the V's section (132), they want to do call-and-response chants like at Impact games. We'll see if we have the numbers and the voices for that! :)

On 2017-04-14 at 10:18 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The 1642 regulars (section 114 in Saputo Stadium) have told us that they have bought their tickets for the game in 114 as usual and say they will have the bell for the Canada game. No confirmation or denial from Canada Soccer so it seems it will likely be the case. I think it would be bad PR if Canada Soccer tried to remove it. Maybe if it was a WCQ, FIFA would ban it but I can't see it being an issue for a friendly.

Being on the opposite end of the pitch from the V's section (132), they want to do call-and-response chants like at Impact games. We'll see if we have the numbers and the voices for that! :)

That seems like a reasonable answer. I was kind of worried some of the traveling (specifically Toronto) Vs would be opposed to having the bell used during the game.

30 minutes ago, farrelld said:

That seems like a reasonable answer. I was kind of worried some of the traveling (specifically Toronto) Vs would be opposed to having the bell used during the game.

As a TFC fan I would be fine with the bell, as long as they don't get confused and ring it for the blue and black of Curacao...

1 hour ago, hamiltonfan said:

This has to be sarcasm...ring away! 

I'll be there wearing whatever the fck I please! : )

Me too. TFC jersey with a Whitecaps scarf, Arsenal jacket and Chelsea boxer shorts underneath...i might even wear a Yankees cap just to be extra douchey.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 5:43 PM, matty said:

Anyone driving from Toronto to Montreal on the 13th game to take a hitchhiker like me? I won't kill you

On 4/13/2017 at 7:41 PM, Fastfeet2 said:

Anyone else from GTA riding the train to Montreal? 

+ @zeelaw1555362314

On 4/6/2017 at 6:53 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

Megabus? I've never used them but I know a few here have.

The Megabus tickets are on sale now for June 13th. As of writing the cheapest one-ways from Toronto to Montréal are $13.56 after taxes and fees (the "$10 fare").

There are also journeys on Wednesday June the 14th at $13.80 from Montréal back to Toronto including the bus that leaves at 15 minutes past midnight so you don't even have to pay for a hotel. If you're made of tougher stuff than me, you could even work the Wednesday. You'd get back to downtown Toronto at 6:20am. http://ca.megabus.com

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

+ @zeelaw1555362314

The Megabus tickets are on sale now for June 13th. As of writing the cheapest one-ways from Toronto to Montréal are $13.56 after taxes and fees (the "$10 fare").

There are also journeys on Wednesday June the 14th at $13.80 from Montréal back to Toronto including the bus that leaves at 15 minutes past midnight so you don't even have to pay for a hotel. If you're made of tougher stuff than me, you could even work the Wednesday. You'd get back to downtown Toronto at 6:20am. http://ca.megabus.com

You're the MVP of this game 

15 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

+ @zeelaw1555362314

Thanks Ben, I think I'm just going to get tix, even if I end up driving.  Good deal.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:29 PM, ClashCitySoccer said:

As a TFC fan I would be fine with the bell, as long as they don't get confused and ring it for the blue and black of Curacao...

In keeping with home traditions maybe I'll bring a clown face (blue and black coloring this time of course)

Yes. That will work nicely. 

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

1642 have given us an update and there will in fact be NO BELL.

Probably for the best. Using club chants / props and all that is a lot lazier and more annoying than a few guys in shirts. 

Would be great if maybe there is a little creativity at the bar / game where we can come up with something. Those have always made for great moment.s 

1 hour ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

For T.O. people, 

@rob.notenboom and I are hitting the MegaBus from 8 a.m. gameday.  I take the bus back at 11:30am the following day.

-- Not seeing much availability on some of them right now, so maybe scoop the good deal now if interested.

Im taking the megabus that departs at 6am and leaving mtl at midnight.

Archived