June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

12 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

So then you understand what I mean....

And no. Unless one of the players playing, plays for TFC then its okay....other than that, I hate seeing jerseys that have nothing to do with the game at hand. Strong pet peeve of mine.

No TFC gear regardless of wether a player is playing. If you don't have anything else just wear a generic red t-shirt. The V's should be promoting no club gear at any Canada game and a TFC in Montreal is disrespectful in my opinion. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

And no. Unless one of the players playing, plays for TFC then its okay....other than that, I hate seeing jerseys that have nothing to do with the game at hand. Strong pet peeve of mine.

Same with me,I don't understand why some people have to wear some other team jersey(usually from other leagues) or some other sports jerseys. At least I'm not the only one to feel this way.

34 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

No TFC gear regardless of wether a player is playing. If you don't have anything else just wear a generic red t-shirt. The V's should be promoting no club gear at any Canada game and a TFC in Montreal is disrespectful in my opinion. 

Not promoting wearing another jersey....just think its acceptable considering the jersey is red, and the player on the back is a CMNT player (You're still supporting a CMNT player)a. Now if I see an Arsenal jersey, or Liverpool or Man U shit....I usually call the person out. "Wheres Rooney, where's Gerrard".

How do y'all feel about Hockey jerseys at games?hmmmmm...

5 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Not promoting wearing another jersey....just think its acceptable considering the jersey is red, and the player on the back is a CMNT player (You're still supporting a CMNT player)a. Now if I see an Arsenal jersey, or Liverpool or Man U shit....I usually call the person out. "Wheres Rooney, where's Gerrard".

How do y'all feel about Hockey jerseys at games?hmmmmm...

I'd rather a hockey jersey in Montreal than a TFC jersey in Montreal.

I understand what you're saying, I don't agree with it, I don't think any Montreal V's would agree with it and this group has had a long standing policy to discourage any kind of club gear at NT games. The V's support our national teams, not individual players. I also understand that casual soccer fans will wear any red jersey to a game but in the V's section it should be Canada or red.

24 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Or just get a Voyageurs t shirt...

I picked up a CMNT jersey for 40 bucks

Hey...never said I was going to wear it or that I don't have a CMNT jersey (I've got the last 3 home jerseys)

Just curious as to how people feel. 

3 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Some people don't own Canada soccer jerseys so they just wear red. Tfc wears red. I mean i'd understand your frustrations if someone showed up to the MLS Cup finals and they wore a Barca jersey.

And tbh who cares what they wear if they are showing up to a friendly against Curacao. Just glad they showed up.

Perhaps the person in question only owns a TFC jersey and can't afford a Canada one.

Maybe this is their first Canada game, they just want to see what it's all about, and they think wearing the only red jersey they have (an old Bayern Munich home jersey of course) is the most appropriate thing they have.

I get that the best case scenario is to have everyone so fully on board that they not only come ready to sing their lungs out for 90 minutes but also have all the 'appropriate' gear. However, people are going to come who are at different levels of commitment and discovery. The newbie Arsenal-jersey-wearing-could-be-hard-core-Canada-fan-one-day-but-right-now-is-just-checking-things-out who gets turned off by people jeering at him only makes the group weaker in the long run, as far as I'm concerned.

It just seems to me that by wearing a Arsenal, Roma,etc jersey you are trying to tell us something like(This is a real team). Just my feeling.

17 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Perhaps the person in question only owns a TFC jersey and can't afford a Canada one.

Maybe this is their first Canada game, they just want to see what it's all about, and they think wearing the only red jersey they have (an old Bayern Munich home jersey of course) is the most appropriate thing they have.

I get that the best case scenario is to have everyone so fully on board that they not only come ready to sing their lungs out for 90 minutes but also have all the 'appropriate' gear. However, people are going to come who are at different levels of commitment and discovery. The newbie Arsenal-jersey-wearing-could-be-hard-core-Canada-fan-one-day-but-right-now-is-just-checking-things-out who gets turned off by people jeering at him only makes the group weaker in the long run, as far as I'm concerned.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:16 PM, mikey_s_ said:

Got 4 tickets in section 110. My season ticket rep said sales were going better then expected. 

Talking to my rep yesterday and I asked how sales were going and said not very well. They were expecting around 10 k. But he also said that not much marketing going on now.Hopefully we hit at least the 10 k.

53 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Why would anyone want to wear a TFC jersey for a Canada match at Saputo?

Even if it were an Osorio jersey (for example), that'd still be iffy!

1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

That could be true. Or maybe it was the only red jersey they had. Dangerous to assume imho.

But it's not only red other team jerseys....I've seen a Chelsea jersey at BMO.

Regardless,  I just think there's some kinda sports etiquette

I think people's energy is probably better served by doing other things rather than getting riled up about what jerseys fans at the game are wearing. Maybe someone wearing a Chelsea jersey at a game isn't saying "this game sucks, I only watch Chelsea play, I just came here to make fun of the fans here." Maybe they are saying, I'm new to the team I am here to watch, or I am visiting from somewhere else, etc., but know that if you also support Chelsea we can have a quick chat about them.

Anyways, @rob.notenboom said it best, everyone is at their own level of commitment and discovery.

14 hours ago, Kent said:

I think people's energy is probably better served by doing other things rather than getting riled up about what jerseys fans at the game are wearing. Maybe someone wearing a Chelsea jersey at a game isn't saying "this game sucks, I only watch Chelsea play, I just came here to make fun of the fans here." Maybe they are saying, I'm new to the team I am here to watch, or I am visiting from somewhere else, etc., but know that if you also support Chelsea we can have a quick chat about them.

Anyways, @rob.notenboom said it best, everyone is at their own level of commitment and discovery.

True. Most of us are not referring to the casual fan though. Anybody who is on this board, or who puts in the effort to actually travel for the match, should have the understanding that other supporters won't find club gear acceptable. Canada or neutral is the way to go.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

If you guys have heard Zambrano's interview by now, you'd of heard his comments on Tabla. 

Sounds like the door's wide open for him to make a debut June 13th.

In the city he has grown up in. Where his family still lives. It's a pretty good pitch.

On 3/31/2017 at 5:13 PM, rob.notenboom said:

That could be true. Or maybe it was the only red jersey they had. Dangerous to assume imho.

It's not only the same color thing. Wearing different teams and sports jerseys just seem strange to me, nothing more than that.(sorry for late response,just got back from vacation).

Archived