June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

10 minutes ago, matty said:

Thinking of seeing if my dad wants to go to this as he enjoyed the Dominica game i took him to. He doesn't know soccer too well and likes the Argos at BMO. Will you guys eat him alive if with sit in the supporters' section?

In what sense? I bring my dad to games, he may actually be coming to this one. We usually stand near the back of the section and he cheers and chimes in on the songs he knows. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

In what sense? I bring my dad to games, he may actually be coming to this one. We usually stand near the back of the section and he cheers and chimes in on the songs he knows. 

At a tfc game my dad loudly said "it'll be great when the argos get to play here"  causing the guy next to him to actually ask him "you're not serious right". I'm partly joking as a joke but he quite possibly will saying something really dumb and offend every fan near him lol

6 minutes ago, matty said:

At a tfc game my dad loudly said "it'll be great when the argos get to play here"  causing the guy next to him to actually ask him "you're not serious right". I'm partly joking as a joke but he quite possibly will saying something really dumb and offend every fan near him lol

Haha, I could see how that would rile up some TFC fans. I wouldn't worry too much, everyone I've met at games is always pretty laid back.

14 minutes ago, matty said:

Thinking of seeing if my dad wants to go to this as he enjoyed the Dominica game i took him to. He doesn't know soccer too well and likes the Argos at BMO. Will you guys eat him alive if with sit in the supporters' section?

The bottom of section 132 is standing only with no seats and is always the rowdier part. If someone wants to sit down and watch the game but still enjoy the atmosphere of the supporters section either the upper half of 132 or neighbouring 131 would be a better place for them. If it is like Impact games it will be general admission there so you don't really have to decide beforehand where to go in the section and can find the place that best suits your father.  

1 minute ago, Grizzly said:

The bottom of section 132 is standing only with no seats and is always the rowdier part. If someone wants to sit down and watch the game but still enjoy the atmosphere of the supporters section either the upper half of 132 or neighbouring 131 would be a better place for them. If it is like Impact games it will be general admission there so you don't really have to decide beforehand where to go in the section and can find the place that best suits your father.  

Grizz what do you think the turnout for this game will be? Both in the supporters section and in general?

1 minute ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Grizz what do you think the turnout for this game will be? Both in the supporters section and in general?

I have no idea. It is hard to get that excited to play a team from a country that has only existed for 7 years, is really geographically part of South America and that most people have not heard of not only in soccer terms but in any capacity. If I had to guess I suspect the turnout might be between 5000 and 8000 with the supporters section being half full.

2 minutes ago, matty said:

7.5-9k

Just now, Grizzly said:

I have no idea. It is hard to get that excited to play a team from a country that has only existed for 7 years, is really geographically part of South America and that most people have not heard of not only in soccer terms but in any capacity. If I had to guess I suspect the turnout might be between 5000 and 8000 with the supporters section being half full.

I'm hoping in the 10-15K range, I may have to readjust my expectations! 

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

The Us drew like under 9k to non big friendlies for like 2 years. I'd call anywhere from 7  to 10 k Excellent

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

There is really not a lot to get excited about with this game for anyone who is not a hardcore national team fan. Yes for us it is interesting to see the new coach but for the average fan he is a no-name hire, we are recently eliminated from the World Cup and we are playing a no name team.

It will have to be marketed as come see the full CMNT tune up for the Gold Cup. Put a spin on seeing how the new Manager.does things with (hopefully) more attacking tactics. I'll be there with my wife and two young boys for our 4th Canada match. In town for the F1 race the weekend before. How great would it be to substitute our players for the grid girls at the race. You know, Cyle Larin on the grid holding the P1 marker for Lewis Hamilton, etc. Not wearing a short skirt though.

2 hours ago, RickC said:

It will have to be marketed as come see the full CMNT tune up for the Gold Cup. Put a spin on seeing how the new Manager.does things with (hopefully) more attacking tactics. I'll be there with my wife and two young boys for our 4th Canada match. In town for the F1 race the weekend before. How great would it be to substitute our players for the grid girls at the race. You know, Cyle Larin on the grid holding the P1 marker for Lewis Hamilton, etc. Not wearing a short skirt though.

Hamilton will not have pole. Vettel will... hopefully, or Ricciardo or Verstappen.

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Not going to be with the Voyageurs in 132 then? I hope you'll pop by and say hello - always nice to meet other fans and put faces to forum names.

Any idea when section 132 tickets are going on sale?  Looking forward to it!

21 hours ago, mikey_s_ said:

Got 4 tickets in section 110. My season ticket rep said sales were going better then expected. 

Same as me. Come up to top row, and.................................................................

18 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Not going to be with the Voyageurs in 132 then? I hope you'll pop by and say hello - always nice to meet other fans and put faces to forum names.

we can go over and see our friends in 132.

On 3/28/2017 at 8:18 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Any Toronto peeps going to the game....I know its a Canada game, but it's hard for me to be in Saputo stadium. 

Who cares where anyone is from.  I'm sure there will be many T.O people going.  I am.

20 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Who cares where anyone is from.  I'm sure there will be many T.O people going.  I am.

If you are a TFC Fan, and if you have gone to a TFC away game at Saputo in recent times you'll understand what I mean...if not then cool.

9 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

If you are a TFC Fan, and if you have gone to a TFC away game at Saputo in recent times you'll understand what I mean...if not then cool.

Old Saputo, Olympic Stadium and New Saputo.

I take it you won't wear any TFC gear or anything.

11 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Old Saputo, Olympic Stadium and New Saputo.

I take it you won't wear any TFC gear or anything.

So then you understand what I mean....

And no. Unless one of the players playing, plays for TFC then its okay....other than that, I hate seeing jerseys that have nothing to do with the game at hand. Strong pet peeve of mine.

Archived