June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

11 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Don't forget about the west. Edmonton and Winnipeg are good options as well. Hell, if we want to test out CPL cities, get a game in Calgary or Regina. Have any of the national teams ever played there?

Yeah, I'm not forgetting about the west. I definitely want games played out there too. My comment was in the context of the game in Montreal. I think it's easier to take a risk when you can just take a bus ride from the Montreal game to the next friendly, rather than flying the whole team again. Next friendly or set of friendlies I'd love for it to take place in the prairies. And I've been saying for a while that I wish we would do our January friendlies in Vancouver instead of at a neutral site in Florida.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

It won't be Regina unless they want to spend a lot of money replacing the turf. 

Otoh I hear there's a game coming to new Mosaic ... (remains purposefully cryptic). 

I think both of us know games in Regina or Calgary are not happening. Couldn't hurt to try though.

2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

It won't be Regina unless they want to spend a lot of money replacing the turf. 

Otoh I hear there's a game coming to new Mosaic ... (remains purposefully cryptic). 

I think both of us know games in Regina or Calgary are not happening. Couldn't hurt to try though.

3 hours ago, shermanator said:

Don't forget about the west. Edmonton and Winnipeg are good options as well. Hell, if we want to test out CPL cities, get a game in Calgary or Regina. Have any of the national teams ever played there?

Would love for Winnipeg to host but not happening in this International Break. IG Field is hosting the CWNT on June 8th.

I keep thinking Ottawa would be great to try.  They seem to have gotten solid support for the Fury, they have a new stadium, and it's within easy enough distance for travelling fans from Toronto and Montreal.  Would seem to tick a lot of the boxes for things we want in a location.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I've said it once, I'll say it again, these guys are gonna be good. This isn't a minnow but to the casual fan or non soccer media they will think we are terrible if we don't win 4-0

It's funny, because in recent years we've seen the Jamaica's, Guadeloupe, Monseratts, Curacaos, Martiniques taking advantage of their population diaspora from their capturers countries. And to be honest, if they really had the money to make their programs act/operate legitimate I think they would be  among the top teams in CONCACAF. Jamaica, and Curacao for sure.

9 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Looks like the only realistic one is Guyon Fernandez.. who they should get easily.  

Kastaneer had a Dutch u21 cap last year and is still eligible, so can't imagine him giving up those dreams just yet at 20 years old.  

Van Aanholt has 6 Dutch senior caps and will probably have more to come, he's still young.  Locadia also doesn't seem realistic, he's a pretty good player for PSV and has had 2 senior call ups in the past 2 years even if he hasn't been capped.

If Curacao can get these guys to give up their Dutch dreams and we couldn't get JDG2 I'm lost for words.  

11 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Looks like the only realistic one is Guyon Fernandez.. who they should get easily.  

Kastaneer had a Dutch u21 cap last year and is still eligible, so can't imagine him giving up those dreams just yet at 20 years old.  

Van Aanholt has 6 Dutch senior caps and will probably have more to come, he's still young.  Locadia also doesn't seem realistic, he's a pretty good player for PSV and has had 2 senior call ups in the past 2 years even if he hasn't been capped.

If Curacao can get these guys to give up their Dutch dreams and we couldn't get JDG2 I'm lost for words.  

So how could those last 3 even qualify for Curacao?

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

the reality is....thats just a few of the many eligible players available to them.

Roster for the match vs El Salvador

Keepers:
Eloy Room (Vitesse), Rowendy Sumter (Scherpenheuvel), Jairzinho Pieter (RKSV Centro Dominguito).

Verdedigers:
Leandro Bacuna (Aston Villa), Cuco Martina (Southampton), Darryl Lachman (Willem II), Gillian Justiana (Helmond Sport), Ayrton Statie (FC Oss), Jurriën Gaari (Kozakken Boys), Quentin Jakoba (Kozakken Boys), Christopher Isenia (Centro Barber), Dustley Mulder (Clubloos). 

Middenvelders:
Kemy Agustien (Global FC), Jeremy de Nooijer (Levski Sofia), Doriano Kortstam (Achilles'29), Shanon Carmelia (IJsselmeervogels), Michael Maria (Sonnenhof Großaspach), Ashar Bernardus (RKSV Centro Dominguito). 

Aanvallers:
Brandley Kuwas (Heracles Almelo), Reangelo Janga (Trenčín), Elson Hooi (Ermis Aradippou), Jarchinio Antonia (Go Ahead Eagles), Gino van Kessel (Lechia Gdańsk), Felitciano Zschusschen (Saarbrücken), Gevaro Nepomuceno (FC Famalicão), Vapor Jimbertson (Centro Barber). 

On 3/14/2017 at 10:15 PM, Watchmen said:

I keep thinking Ottawa would be great to try.  They seem to have gotten solid support for the Fury, they have a new stadium, and it's within easy enough distance for travelling fans from Toronto and Montreal.  Would seem to tick a lot of the boxes for things we want in a location.

Ottawa has also did pretty well for the women's game that was played here

4 hours ago, Toje said:

Friendly yesterday

Curacao 1 El Salvador 1

Not exactly the stuff of legends... I agree they have some quality but let's not go overboard here. I mean the Netherland Antilles were never world beaters and Curaçao is just a small slice of the former make-believe nation.

Thinking of seeing if my dad wants to go to this as he enjoyed the Dominica game i took him to. He doesn't know soccer too well and likes the Argos at BMO. Will you guys eat him alive if with sit in the supporters' section?

Archived