Copa America 2020

Watchmen

Just now, SpecialK said:

Why? 

Because it supposedly determines the champion of that region. If things had panned out differently, we could have had South Korea, Brazil, or Colombia as the champions of CONCACAF, and how much sense would that make?

Footie Noob: "Is there a North American championship?
Footie Fan: "Yes. Well, it's actually for the region covering North America, Central America, and the Caribbean"
Footie Noob: "Who are the current champions?"
Footie Fan: "South Korea"
Footie Noob: "You can be a real jerk sometimes. Just because I don't know a lot about soccer doesn't mean you have to make me feel dumb when I ask you questions."

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Trump has now placed a travel ban on Venezuelans. I guess that would put a halt on the Copa America 2020 taking place in the US?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/trump-travel-ban-replacement-1.4304918

"A partial ban has been placed on Venezuela, targeting several current government officials and their families. It does not target immigrants or refugees."

It sounds like the US is just trying to keep the failed government leaders from fleeing Venezuela. It's not an actual travel ban.

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Trump has now placed a travel ban on Venezuelans. I guess that would put a halt on the Copa America 2020 taking place in the US?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/trump-travel-ban-replacement-1.4304918

Copa America 2019 is being hosted in Brazil - not the U.S

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Copa_América

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/report-usa-mexico-and-two-euro-giants-could-play-in-2019-copa-america-in-brazil/

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

In addition to 2019, another Copa is planned for 2020 in the states, and starting there, they'll all be held every 4 years in the US.

Lots of talk about merging the world cup qualification process between the confederations as well, starting in 2026.

Wow I didn't know about 2020 in the US. Man that's a ton of money for the US! 

i knew about the merging, personally I love idea of a merge because we get to play against Great competition  but it will get harder to  qualify. 

I bet most would  disagree here but I truly believe FIFA should  get rid of CONCACAF and create an Arctic confederation and have Central America combined with South America and have the Caribbean has their own confederation.

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Wow I didn't know about 2020 in the US. Man that's a ton of money for the US! 

i knew about the merging, personally I love idea of a merge because we get to play against Great competition  but it will get harder to  qualify. 

I bet most would  disagree here but I truly believe FIFA should  get rid of CONCACAF and create an Arctic confederation and have Central America combined with South America and have the Caribbean has their own confederation.

What would the "Arctic confederation" look like? Just Canada, US and Mexico?

53 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

What would the "Arctic confederation" look like? Just Canada, US and Mexico?

It would be arctic  countries (  countries part of the arctic council ) 

Canada, Denmark, Iceland ,Sweden Norway, United States ,Russia  ,Finland , Greenland, Faroe Island and  possible France (  because of Saint Pierre and Miquelon) but highly unlikely 

Canadian players wouldn't have to worry about getting piss thrown at them and playing on horrible fields in like 90' dregree heat during mid day. Also we wouldn't have to deal with  corrupt CONCACAF countries 

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Canada, Denmark, Iceland ,Sweden Norway, United States ,Russia  ,Finland , Greenland, Faroe Island and  possible France (  because of Saint Pierre and Miquelon) but highly unlikely 

Canadian players wouldn't have to worry about getting piss thrown at them and playing on horrible fields in like 90' dregree heat during mid day. Also we wouldn't have to deal with  corrupt CONCACAF countries 

Just to avoid piss bags? Seems pretty self serving (or maybe self defeating when you consider most of those countries are better than what we face in CONCACAF). Every country in your arctic region would be greatly increasing the travel they have to do currently.

I think we should just solve our problems and get better instead of trying to gerrymander the region until we find something that works, especially since we already have a relatively easy confederation to qualify out of.

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Won't be going to Russia or Qatar. ....I pray Canada makes it this time around.

Like most Canadian fans who have no recent memories of Canadian success in a world cup qualifying campaign, I'm pretty optimistic that this will finally be the World Cup we qualify for. 

19 hours ago, SpecialK said:

and then when its time to play those corrupt countries to actually make a world cup we will lose again and again. Great plan!

59 minutes ago, canta15 said:

and then when its time to play those corrupt countries to actually make a world cup we will lose again and again. Great plan!

Well, his plan was about having an arctic federation and not having CONCACAF anymore. His plan was that we would be playing to qualify out of the arctic confederation. So unless you are calling Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, etc corrupt countries, I think you missed his point.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Well, his plan was about having an arctic federation and not having CONCACAF anymore. His plan was that we would be playing to qualify out of the arctic confederation. So unless you are calling Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, etc corrupt countries, I think you missed his point.

I did but it's still an idiotic idea

Archived