Toronto FC U19s at Viareggio Cup

SCF08

1 hour ago, Mister215Guy said:

I'm just telling the truth.

I think you meant to say "I'm just telling the truth, not like Americans who only lie all the time, and their lies are terrible too, like a toddler came up with it."

TFC tie Juventus I'm assuming this is a U19 tournament, they now have two ties from two games, and might even advance with a tie out of their group as the top two in each division go through. Our under 20 team struggled in the just concluded CONCACAF U20 WC qualifying tournament you wonder how much better is a Honduras U20 national team compared to Juventus U19 or U20 team is, yet more or less the same age group team with some different players getting results in a comparable or even tougher tournament.

18 hours ago, 1996 said:

TFC tie Juventus I'm assuming this is a U19 tournament, they now have two ties from two games, and might even advance with a tie out of their group as the top two in each division go through. Our under 20 team struggled in the just concluded CONCACAF U20 WC qualifying tournament you wonder how much better is a Honduras U20 national team compared to Juventus U19 or U20 team is, yet more or less the same age group team with some different players getting results in a comparable or even tougher tournament.

Agreed - would love to hear some logical rational explaining these outcomes. 

18 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

Youth. Basically. Also, soccer. Like how did Monaco beat Man City? Clearly The Premier League is the worst. or Leicester Seville? Clearly La Liga is the worst. Ligue 1 is the best. I believe there is a kinda funny world cup thing where they track each win as being the best team. At one point it was some world minnow.

8 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

La Juve probably has three u-19 teams, I am not sure but guessing. They pick one of them, or a mix of them, to represent the club at this tournament. 

I may be wrong, but I doubt that La Juve has chosen their best u-19 squad for a tournament with this level competition, way below what they would see in their Primavera sub 19 group, which they are leading.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

La Juve probably has three u-19 teams, I am not sure but guessing. They pick one of them, or a mix of them, to represent the club at this tournament. 

I may be wrong, but I doubt that La Juve has chosen their best u-19 squad for a tournament with this level competition, way below what they would see in their Primavera sub 19 group, which they are leading.

This. The Primavera side is U20, so they have sent the younger players/fringe players and probably sprinkled in some kids from the U17 as well.

This is Juve's top youth team they have sent the Primavera they call it  I did some digging, I speak and read Italian. This team is coached by former Italian national team player Fabio Grosso, the Fabio Grosso that scored the winning penalty for Italy in the 2006 World Cup Final versus France and the Fabio Grosso who scored the winning goal in the semi final in the same World Cup versus Germany. I found the current Primaverra roster for Juventus and then looked at the roster they sent to this tournament and it's the same. In Italy the Primavera is the top youth team of Italian professional teams . Moreover, the Viareggio tournament is an historical prestigious tournament to Italian teams and to many pro teams in Europe and the world and many former and current soccer stars have played in this tournament, therefore , teams do send their best youth teams and players .

1 minute ago, 1996 said:

This is Juve's top youth team they have sent the Primavera they call it  I did some digging, I speak and read Italian. This team is coached by former Italian national team player Fabio Grosso, the Fabio Grosso that scored the winning penalty for Italy in the 2006 World Cup Final versus France and the Fabio Grosso who scored the winning goal in the semi final in the same World Cup versus Germany. I found the current Primaverra roster for Juventus and then looked at the roster they sent to this tournament and it's the same. In Italy the Primavera is the top youth team of Italian professional teams . Moreover, the Viareggio tournament is a historical prestigious tournament to Italian teams and to many pro teams in Europe and the world and many former and current soccer stars have played in this tournament, therefore , teams do send their best youth teams and players .

Good then, all the better for the TFC side, it was just surprising given the opponents, all theoretically well below the Juve level.

Yes agree there are not a lot of top pro teams in this tournament from outside Italy apart from the top Italian teams that are there, however, it seems that whatever top pro teams that are there have sent their best.

Well I think these MLS Academy setups will eventually improve and start producing some players. They are training so much more than your past regular youth club setup. The coaching is better than the past , these players have the added incentive of hopefully making the pro team in the future , so there is an end goal that was not their in the past. The more pro teams we get in Canada be it maybe one day another Canadian MLS team or another NASl team USL team or hopefully a  bunch of CPL teams , as long as each of these teams has a youth academy set up to it and they are all run in a professional manner with good qualified coaches it will only help in hopefully producing players that can go on and hopefully become good pro players for club and country.

Archived