Question: Which US MLS team do you follow to some extent?

matty

I used to follow Fire when there were no Canadian teams. 

Now I follow the Canadians on any team, especially Larin. Plus I like to watch how Villa does at NYC.

We get MLS on Eurosport, though favouring the Eastern teams for time reasons I guess. 

I'll watch Cascadia teams against each other, SEA-POR, in function of Cascadia Cup results.

The teams that least interest me, that I will never watch, are Galaxy (unless I turn on and they are losing, that's okay) and Red Bulls, find the name and the marketing of the product disgusting.

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

Orlando (3 canucks, plus another 3 on Orlando B ) and Dallas (2 canucks)

Both are entertaining teams to watch.  Especially Dallas, if there is going to be a team in MLS to win the CCL it's them for sure.

Dallas playing the second leg away to Pachuca, leading the MX, has a better chance of making the final than Vancouver playing the 2nd leg at home vs Tigres, 15th, and scoring a goal a game? For sure.

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Dallas playing the second leg away to Pachuca, leading the MX, has a better chance of making the final than Vancouver playing the 2nd leg at home vs Tigres, 15th, and scoring a goal a game? For sure.

Pachuca has been fantastic throughout champions league as well. I'd love to see Davies match up against Lozano. He must be one of the best wingers on the continent. 

15 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I said winning the CCL.  But either way, yes clearly.  Dallas is a class above Vancouver and matches up nicely with Mexican squads.  Do you think Dallas would have a 16 year old starting for them and Brek Shea up top?  Come on now, Dallas is a much better team than Vancouver.  The one advantage I'll give Vancouver is their turf.  

8 hours ago, Keegan said:

I said winning the CCL.  But either way, yes clearly.  Dallas is a class above Vancouver and matches up nicely with Mexican squads.  Do you think Dallas would have a 16 year old starting for them and Brek Shea up top?  Come on now, Dallas is a much better team than Vancouver.  The one advantage I'll give Vancouver is their turf.  

Exactly, you said winning the CCL, but you are a bit unsure about how it is done. Like making the final. Vancouver's tie vs. Tigres is "easier" than Dallas' vs. Pachuca. Tigres is struggling, Pachuca is doing amazingly.

So Dallas is going to have a much harder time making it to the final match-up than Vancouver. 

Then if Vancouver make the final they get the 2nd game at home as well because of seedings. 

So you are wrong, clearly: if there is one MLS team that could win the CCL this year, meaning if you had to pick one, it is Vancouver: they have a better draw, have home advantage, and can play the counter better which vs the Mexicans you have to be able to do. 

Now if you want to argue which team looks better, is better, plays better, is better coached I'd agree it's Dallas--but that is not what you were saying.

Like almost everyone else, Orlando for Larin

On 05/03/2017 at 10:30 AM, jpg75 said:

I like the way FC Dallas play the game. Doesn't hurt that they have 2 Canadians now either.

Tesho and... who is the other? Are you counting Adonijah Reid? He's not listed on their roster yet.

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Yes, Reid. Once he's 18 he'll either be on the FCD roster or with their USL affiliate.

OK, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing someone. If/when he starts playing with Dallas, I would be very interested in watching him.

In deference to Keegan, I was looking at betting lines today. They agree with him, not me. I think Dallas going through was like 7-1, Vancouver something like 17-1. But that also has to do with who is betting, I understand. 

I don't bet though have put money on old-style pools, but have a question: where does one go to see thorough betting lines well in advance of games?

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on where the Canadians are playing, so right now Orlando CIty tops that list. I watched Copa America at Camping World Stadium (their old home), so I have a soft spot for them for that reason also. Spending a few weeks in Orlando, it's clear the team has a presence in the community and I respect that given Florida is gridiron country. I know NBA was in the off season, but you'd be forgiven for thinking Orlando CIty was the main professional team in town.

Next for me is FCD. Tesho plays there, but before that Bekker and JDG. They are a young, exciting, attacking team. Have been successful on the field for many years now without breaking the bank. They have arguably the top academy in MLS. What is not to like? 

After that, I would say Seattle. It's no secret I am a Super Eagles fan, so watching Obafemi Martins have success there was big for me. I have a soft spot for Clint Dempsey as well. I follow the USMNT as closely as our own, so to watch him do what he did with Fulham and Tottenham and earn respect, well as a North American that made me proud. He also released some rap tracks and didn't embarrass himself which was nice. Other players I like are Nicolas Lodiero and the big Panamanian Torres on the backline. I love seeing their big crowds and obviously the Sounders mean a lot to Seattle. I don't like the arrogance online from some of their fans but that's a minor qualm.

Teams I simply have no interest in are: New England (Get a SSS already FFS), Colorado (just can't get into them), San Jose (same as Colorado). If these teams are playing one another it is very unlikely I would be bothered. 

Also, they are new but so far I am really digging ATL.

Although a MTL supporter I take interest in what TFC and VW do so if there's a game on TSN I'll watch. For US teams I'm less likely to watch but I'll watch highlights of 

Orlando Dallas(progress of Larin Tesho)

Atlanta and Minnesota (watch expansion clubs and how they stack up)

LA, NYCFC, NYRB, Chicago (their DPs performance)

i could care less for Philadelphia, Columbus, NE, Colorado, Houston, DC, RSL

Archived